PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my 67?

vujade
July 22nd 2002, 20:06
I have a 67 Beetle with about $1500 in it, including new floor pans done recently. Ive been wanting to build a eulo/german look vw and dont want to buy i new IRS pan seeing how I just redid the floors.
So here is my delema, should I convert to IRS or should I sell it and buy I later beetle???

thanks

Alex
July 22nd 2002, 22:24
It all depends. If the car is good and it is only the IRS you want you could convert your pan to IRS. It would be easier though to have the body off the pan and you would have to find someone who is able to get it done correctly.
If you could get a fair price for it and buy with the same money an IRS bug.....we that would be easier.

A decision you will have to make.

Alex

vujade
August 4th 2002, 15:14
I put my 67 in the local paper this week for $1250 offer & have only received one call & he didnt even show to look at it either. :(

If Im going to sell it, I might have to put it in the Auto Trader which will get coverage statewide & maybe more responsed then one.

Well it will be in the local paper two more weeks, we'll see if I get anymore calls first. LOL

If it doesnt sell, I have been cosidering changing it to IRS suspension & also change to later hood & bumpers with blinkers.

vujade
August 14th 2002, 22:42
I just had a guy come to the house and offer me $1000.00 for my bug & I told him no lower then $1100.00. He told me he would let me know tommorow (needs to borrow the other $100.00)

I didnt really want to take less then $1250.00 just because I have exactly $1450.00 into the car., but $1100.00 is only a $350.00 loss & I can live with that! :silly:

I have found a 71 SB in great shape for $1000.00 about 30 minutes from my house. Hopefully he still has it:crying: