PDA

View Full Version : Brake setup listing for a sticky?

STIDUB
August 21st 2009, 06:25
as im doing the figures to work out what brakes to use to get the proportions right front to rear & to the MC i was curious if everyone could put their sizes up?
something like...
Front caliper model

Piston size & number

Rear caliper model

Piston size & number

Master cylinder model

Bore & stroke of MC

This would be awesome for calculating effectiveness of various setups, adding a note at the end of the figures for pedal hardness & any mods to the pivot point of them for the MC, booster/bias valve use etc would complete it nicely! Hopefully you all like the idea?

Steve C
August 21st 2009, 09:04
Hi

My old 1302 configuartion.

Im using 996 rears on the front, 4 spots, 30 & 28mm

On the rear Boxster rears 4 spots, 30 & 28mm

Stock 19 mm m/c

Steve

evilC
August 24th 2009, 04:50
Hi

My old 1302 configuartion.

Im using 996 rears on the front, 4 spots, 30 & 28mm

On the rear Boxster rears 4 spots, 30 & 28mm

Stock 19 mm m/c

Steve

Any comments on pedal travel, balance (front/rear), effectiveness etc. It would be good to hear feedback from the users on their installations.

STIDUB
August 24th 2009, 05:44
if it helps loose calculations for mc volume & caliper/piston volume the standard ratio/balance is 60:40, the setup ill be doing is almost exactly that, just gone up in size all round, im curious what everybody else runs, prefferably without biasing valves etc, thanks for the reply steve!

Steve C
August 24th 2009, 06:11
Hi

They were awesome, I only did one track day with them and I kept pulling up too soon. The pedal felt almost stock.

I found the front to rear balance was good, I never got the brakes to lock, it just stopped before they could lock.

I will try to explain my only slight problem.

When sitting in traffic for example, I sometimes found that the car would creep, even though I could swear I had my foot on the brake.

Steve

evilC
August 24th 2009, 12:38
Hi

................When sitting in traffic for example, I sometimes found that the car would creep, even though I could swear I had my foot on the brake.

Steve

Thanks for the comments Steve they are very useful.

I bet the creeping was down to hot components gradually cooling especially as the pads in contact with the disc that acts like a heat sink.

Clive