PDA

View Full Version : Satin Black or Color Matched Bumpers

vujade
December 20th 2002, 13:25
I found a local shop that can powder coats for a really good price.

Satin black will cost me $55 per bumper
Color matched will cost me an extra $75 (1 time fee)

My question is, should I powder coat them satin black like my trim or color match them to the car?

Sandeep
December 20th 2002, 13:46
I'd go for the color matched personally, but black would work too, based on the color scheme of your project.

I was going to go black on my bumpers, but it looks like I will have a tough time getting some CF peices for trim, so I will go color-matched.

On your super with black trim, I think black would look great !

Sandeep

Alex
December 20th 2002, 13:47
Color matched all the way.

Martice
December 20th 2002, 16:01
Hi,

It also deppends a bit on your car color and if you have other black mods on it(black wheels).Even so my opinion is that the black bumpers do not look better than color-matched on any bug

But on a white or very light color one black bumpers could look better for instance.
I'll always go color-matched for a 'non light' color beelte. :)

Could you post a pic of your car?

take care,

Martin

vujade
December 20th 2002, 16:34
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/pff3eb0b3521dc0544d58fbed4f58670f/fcec9011.jpg

Martice
December 20th 2002, 16:55
all I can see is this banner : "sorry you are trying to acces an image from ouside imagestation.com":silly:

kdanie
December 20th 2002, 17:53
That's a tough call.....Very pretty blue! I think either would work but if you go black you should do the headlight rings and turnsignal chrome also. Instead of powdercoating blue, which may not match the paint too well, have the bumbers dechromed at a plating shop and shoot it with the same paint as the body. Might be cheaper than the $185 (plus tax) that you would spend on the blue powder coating and match the color better.
ken

vujade
December 20th 2002, 18:40
I was thinking about color matching it to the car...
also thinking about getting CF headlite rings from Carbon Joe & Carbon Fiber Kamei Spoiler from LA Performance....

Martice
December 21st 2002, 04:06
Very nice color.

color matched all the way.

Phat73VW
December 21st 2002, 04:30
i think you should color match all the way. why dont you get all your carbon fiber pieces in blue carbon from CARBON JOE? that would match up alot better in my opinion with your sweet blue car. i really like your wheels alost make me wish i went with the porcshe pattern instead of 4x100. i am thinking of changing my wheels soon and i just cant find any wheels that i like. but yeah definetely color match or get the blue carbon fiber pieces. just my 2 cents!!!!

NYBugman1972
December 21st 2002, 14:38
Gotta go color matched. I'm going to get it done on my car soon. Also, blue carbon is cool stuff, take it from me ;)

vujade
December 21st 2002, 14:49
I think color matched it is then....

I may still go with CF headlight rings though..:)

lightning bug
December 21st 2002, 18:24
My vote for color matched. Man, that's a good lookin' car.

NYBugman1972
December 21st 2002, 21:37
it's amazing what wheels and a nice drop can do for a car. A few months ago vujade's car was a stocker. Look at it now!

NextGen
December 23rd 2002, 01:35
Guys have you seen my SLICED BUMPERS, Go to my site http://home.att.net/~nextgen and then to INTRODUCTION and check out the BUMPERS. What I did was slice them full length twice to remove the 1" indented center. Then I took the two "L" shaped halfs and bolted them together with stainless steel bumper domed bumper bolts. What you get is a stronger then stock bumper that is 1/3 the thickness yet is the same original design. This allows more of the body to show, yet you are protected. A much sleeker look.

That same car at the moment is being transformed It is a 74. I bought Creative Car Craft Fenders 2 1/2" wider all around. On the front I bought Early fenders so I can use Early head lights. The car is completely dechromed. I purchased a new set of bumpers but this time I am leaving them chrome. I believe the Early head lights with the Sliced Chrome bumpers on a bright red 74 is going to be awesome.. Oh I forgot I also have the flat tail light from South America.

Joe

vujade
December 23rd 2002, 01:55
those look pretty good Joe, but I prefer the mexican bumpers with turn signals installed in them & also with the Euro Black Trim molding instead of the black tape.

BTW.... I need to get one of your manuals soon

NextGen
December 23rd 2002, 18:34
Those in the photos haver the Mex. signal lights in the bumpers. That is one of the reasons I went to the early headlights, so I have the signals in the headlighs and the bumpers a all smooth chrome.
Joe