PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hello

JK Fab
August 23rd 2009, 20:28
Hey guys. My name is Jeff and I live in Santa Rosa, ca. I have been wanting to build a GL car now for a while. It will be my daily driver and I think I have some good ideas for the build. I will try and post up a build thread of the build and take LOTS of pics. I hope to drive the car for the first time in a couple weeks to Bug O. This website has tons of info and I look forward to spending some time on here !!

Jeff

chug_A_bug
August 23rd 2009, 22:56
WELCOME....
can't wait to See some Pics...
please tell us your Spec's and your plans for the Car :)

Chris.

JK Fab
August 24th 2009, 01:14
Well I have to admit that I am a drag racer at heart and that is what I love. But I wanted to build a nice daily driver that looks good, rides well, handles well, stops well, and moves well. I decided to start with for the most all origal 1969 two owner black plate california car. I would like to lower the car with 4 wheel disc brakes, 17" porsche wheels, KYB Gr2's all the way around. Custom interior with different seats front and rear, possibly a cage, after market gauges, HID head lights, some stereo work, etc etc. I hope and plan to do ALL the work myself.

Here is a sneak peak at the car I got, but I will have more pics in a week or so.

http://64.142.37.188/phpBB2/files/p1020101-1.jpg

volkdent
August 24th 2009, 21:55
Welcome!!! I'm in Santa Rosa too!!! BTW, there's no reason why it can't go fast AND handle!

Jason

wrenchnride247
August 24th 2009, 21:56
Look's like a very good foundation to start with JK. Welcome to the GL side!:D

NO_H2O
August 24th 2009, 22:11
Welcome JK. It is a slippery slope. Looks like you have a great car to build from. Looks to be Gulf blue, great color. Look forward to seeing your progress.

JK Fab
August 25th 2009, 01:00
Jason I can get it to go fast, and fast on pump gas too !! But right now I am going to make it look good and mob the SP !! Looks like I am going to get a bunch done on Sunday and I will have up a TON more pics !! Right now it looks good to have it at Bug O.

Jeff

zen
August 25th 2009, 17:19
Welcome. You can not hold us responsible for any bad habits or family strife that your new project brings though...and they almost all do. :)