PDA

View Full Version : It's in!!!

vwghia-guy
September 22nd 2009, 13:34
Hi guys,
Finally got my 5-speed in. I've driven it and am very happy. I ended up using a J-west Rennshifter. It was quite a bit more work, but I'm very happy with the results. Hats off to Ken at German Transaxle for getting my box rebuilt with the gear ratios I wanted. With a stock 2.0 type 4, it accelerates very, very well. 80mph is 3600rpms and right on my motor's torque curve.

Thanks for the quality parts. Could'nt have done it without the Bug@5speed conversion parts!

chris

cookvw
September 22nd 2009, 17:12
looks awsome! mind if i ask as to what it costed you for the parts from bug@5speed? also what porsche tranny you use?

Bug@5speed(US)
September 22nd 2009, 21:25
Wow looks awesome..

Who makes the billet intermediate plate?

Also like what you did to close off the bottome of the pan.. Very nice.
Alex

vwghia-guy
September 22nd 2009, 22:22
looks awsome! mind if i ask as to what it costed you for the parts from bug@5speed? also what porsche tranny you use?

Someone upwards of $1000.00 for all the parts I bought from them. I used a 1970 Porsche 914 tailshifter tranny.

I got the intermediate plate from Ken at German Transaxle. Don't know what brand it is - but it was around $400.00.

chris

vdubzack
September 28th 2009, 06:30
You can get the billet inermediate plate from,

http://www.californiamotorsports.net/

Thats where they are made. Plus, they have complete gear sets, billet side plates, billet bearing retainer, and other things to make your 901 or 915 stronger. Or any porsche transmission availible. Machining done in house. Got a built G50 with 40% lock and a cable shifter for a Ultima kit car for a client. Top notch, I use them exclusively for all V8 conversion transmissions.

Bug@5speed(US)
September 29th 2009, 22:29
thanks for the info..
VR
Alex