PDA

View Full Version : 05-08 corvette z06 brakes????????

kyle0995
September 26th 2009, 10:59
I know i may get alot of crap for this but 05-08 z06 brakes can be had for fairley cheap. just curious if anyone has attempted this or think its worth it? or should i just keep saving for my porsche set up?

Bug@5speed(US)
September 26th 2009, 22:05
Kyle,

Would not feel ashamed, Vettes are pretty well set up cars stock and do great on track so not a bad option.. Plus rotors and pads can be had for cheap..

Don't have any answers for you but keep us updated,
Alex

kyle0995
September 26th 2009, 23:23
will do! i found a set of front and rear calipers and rotors with pads for about 900 usd i think i might give it a try at that price. plus they are 6 pot in the front and 4 pot in th rear.

evilC
September 27th 2009, 07:16
Whats the piston area on the front and rear calipers? Don't forget the Corvette is a front heavy car so the bias reflects that. What size m/c does the 'vette use. Does this model still dispense with the servo usually found? There is no harm in mixing and matching rotors and calipers but you will need to be aware of the mounting dimensions to determine whether they are suitable since $900US is a lot of money to waste. What about parking brake? how does the 'vette provide for that?

Clive

kyle0995
September 27th 2009, 12:15
you make alot of great points i didnt think of clive i will defently have to look into them before throwing the money at the brakes. it may be cheaper to run a kit that is already made for the swap. thanks