PDA

View Full Version : This has probably been covered

hotsauce
January 4th 2010, 22:34
i searched and read threads for 3 days before finally posting here.

i acquired some Porsche 944 brake bits last week, for installation on my 65 bus. However on the initial test fit i found that the aluminum trailing arms in the rear will not fit inside the fenders of my bus without tons of modification that i am not capable of doing.

My question is this, will the rear discs come off these arms and bolt to the set of beetle arms i already have laying around? or do i need to find different brakes?

While im here, i may as well ask about the fronts.

i got the front and rear brakes off the same car. Based off what i have read on here, i have 86 and later brakes. Will the fronts bolt up w/ bearing spacers, and caliper mount adaptors?

Thank you in advance for any help.

-Jonny

wrenchnride247
January 5th 2010, 20:48
You need 85' or earlier rears for a "bolt on" steel trailing arms will work, but not the ali ones (as you have found out) Have you looked at Lanner's site? Here is a link to the tech page. http://www.vdubengineering.com/technical/conversions.htm look at the products section to see T2 conversion options He has, but He can do pretty much any kind of brake conversion.

hotsauce
January 5th 2010, 21:49
hmmmm, well according to his kit for the front and assuming i have late turbo brakes, it appears that none of what i have will work. Man, that sucks.

Now what? i guess i can try and hock all of it and start fresh.

Anyone want a complete late turbo brake setup? i'll trade for an early turbo setup.

wrenchnride247
January 5th 2010, 23:19
The calipers will work. Just need the rest :rolleyes: