PDA

View Full Version : My dream "1303 kafer"

TSAF
January 22nd 2010, 08:08
Hey from Athens GREECE. I have been away from this forum for more than 3 years now. Anyway I am glad that the forum is active again. My 1975 - 1303s German Look project is close to finish. I have been building this car for the past 5 years now and it has cost me a small fortune but I do not mind because it has been my dream since I can remember myself. The idea started as a classic German Looker with a stock type IV crankshaft and 103 barrels and pistons = 2.4. I bought all the necessary parts from various suppliers and brought them to Greece. Then suddenly it hit me. I changed the plan and decided to do something bigger, more impressive, so I ordered a Pauter 82mm billet crank, new modified / ported cylinder heads with titanium valves – the works from Germany, changed my Schleicher cam for a custom Pauter, bought a dry sump, sold my 48 carbs for 50’s throttle bodies, bought an ECU, placed 6 piston brakes from a 996 GT2, sold my 993 Porsche leather seats for Recaro light carbon bucket seats, bought carbon bumbers & running boards, bought Stack instruments, KW coilovers and a lot more that it will take for ever to list. Finally we started assembling the motor. The car hopefully will be ready in a couple of months. I will keep you posted with the progress.

TSAF
January 22nd 2010, 08:09
+ a few more

vdubzack
January 22nd 2010, 08:14
Loooking goood!!

Wally
January 22nd 2010, 08:18
Love the work so far, but the pics are kinda small...anyway possible to post them through a link on a photo-provider like photobucket?

Who did your heads? and what exhaust system will you use?

TSAF
January 22nd 2010, 08:26
Sorry about that but the pics are all from my BlackBerry and have been minimized for obvious reasons. The heads are from Udo Becker-Germany and the exhaust I will use will be either from Udo, Remmelle or GWD. We have not decided yet. I was thinking for a Hewland or even a Holinger sequential tranny but the cost is extremely high so I decided to stick with my beefed up dogleg 901.

Xellex
January 22nd 2010, 11:29
wow, awesome project. we need more pics! From the looks of it, you're missing your rear brake pads :p

volkdent
January 22nd 2010, 12:59
Great project. The brakes are really overkill but I love it. Kinda surprised the Cup 1s fit over those! Keep up the awesome work.

Jason

dub_crazee
January 24th 2010, 09:24
this looks like a very interesting build :)

Jim
January 24th 2010, 12:51
Great build and these pauter goodies are promise ++++hp!!

NO_H2O
January 24th 2010, 16:10
Welcome back. That is one nice project. The brakes are over the top. Keep the updates coming.

wrenchnride247
January 24th 2010, 22:02
Great project! I thought four piston calipers were overkill :eek::D

bow
January 25th 2010, 00:01
you stole my car!

TSAF
January 25th 2010, 04:25
Actually you stole mine. Anyway today I am expecting my "ATL racing fuel cell". The original has been given to a friend of mine and the ATL will take its place with the dry sump right next to it.

petevw
February 1st 2010, 08:26
Cool build.

I see lots of bugs in the backround. Is this a shop in Athens?

Tell us a little more about the scene in Greece.

Pete

TSAF
February 1st 2010, 09:03
There are a couple of quality sedans and convertible German lookers/powered type iv in Athens. For example the attached orange car belongs to a very good friend of mine who happens to by my mechanic as well. Its a high spec American 1303 with lots and lots of expensive - high performance parts. Take a good look at the steering wheel and let me know what you think.

Xellex
February 1st 2010, 14:51
that dashboard setup is unique and very interesting, do you have more pictures of it?

TSAF
February 2nd 2010, 04:15
that dashboard setup is unique and very interesting, do you have more pictures of it?

Unfortunately not. Have you seen the steering wheel. A 911 collector gave him 1000 euros for the steering wheel and Andreas denied the offer.

TSAF
February 3rd 2010, 04:47

Νο I do not have any more pictures but if you want my mechanic has the design and can fabricate one for you as well. Let me know if you are interested and I will forward his contact details to you.

TSAF
February 3rd 2010, 04:50
Great project. The brakes are really overkill but I love it. Kinda surprised the Cup 1s fit over those! Keep up the awesome work.

Jason

They do fit under the Cup 1s and bare in mind that all the fenders are the original stock size and not over-sized. My mechanics car (the orange one) has 18x8 Porsche alloys under the stock fenders. Personally I do not like over-sized fenders and I do not think that these brakes are overkill. Last year I was in Germany for a business trip. I have a friend in Hamburg that owns 4 original Kafer Cup cars. His personal favorite is a red 3,1cc with 52mm throttle bodies, 6 pistons brakes, hollinger sequential transmission and the most advanced Ohlins coilover suspension you have ever seen. Trust me the "big" German lookers use 6 caliber brakes now.

Bogara_ZO
February 5th 2010, 08:05
Take a good look at the steering wheel and let me know what you think.

Nice car, I love the wheels! If I were your friend I would let it go for 1000 euro as can be bought on ebay for 500-600 USD (maximum). But it is a very nice steering wheel and it is rare of the rarest

TSAF
June 28th 2012, 08:25
My baby is finally standing on its own ;) but i cannot upload the damm photo that proves it!!!:angry::angry::angry:

NO_H2O
June 28th 2012, 13:59
The function to upload photos has not worked for some time. I do not know if it was turned off to conserve space. I have asked Zen to look and see if it can be fixed. I am not an IT guy and can't do it. But if you have a free account with photobucket or a service like that, you can link to it and the photos will come up.

TSAF
June 29th 2012, 03:14
Thanks a lot for your reply, unfortunately I do not have a photobucket account.

subamaniac90
June 29th 2012, 08:35
Hello, I use http://imageshack.us/ which is free and you dont need an account to upload photos.

Jadewombat
June 29th 2012, 10:35
Photobucket accounts are free.

TSAF
July 2nd 2012, 04:47
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/196/95379613.jpg/

Wally
July 2nd 2012, 05:24
[QUOTE=TSAF;84184]
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/2967/95379613.jpg

Nice! I 'need' your front calipers :D

TSAF
July 2nd 2012, 05:29
I am still having problems uploading photos. Thanks a lot Wally. Those are 996 GT2 babes;)

Wally
July 2nd 2012, 05:33
Those are 996 GT2 babes;)

I know! Thats why my comment as I have the original disks for that rotor still lying here...:rolleyes:

Just look in your post what I did to make the pic visible. I tried a little too, but that link obviously works.

TSAF
July 2nd 2012, 06:05
Just look in your post what I did to make the pic visible. I tried a little too, but that link obviously works.

I must be stupid, that's the only explanation!!

Wally
July 2nd 2012, 06:17
Nah, and I even should have said 'my post' (oeps). Who's stupid now huh? LOL!

TSAF
July 2nd 2012, 11:28
So how do I make the picture visible at once in the forum?. The pic at once, not the link. Can you explain this to me pls!!

owdlvr
July 2nd 2012, 12:11
So how do I make the picture visible at once in the forum?. The pic at once, not the link. Can you explain this to me pls!!

Copy the image location url and then put it inside the image tags:

http://www.exampleurl.com/exampleimage.jpg

-Dave

TSAF
July 3rd 2012, 03:06
Cheers Dave:cool: