PDA

View Full Version : P brakes on my short S/A

vdubfund
July 11th 2010, 00:07
THis is for everyone and anyone that may have questions about what they need. It fits but a little rubbing on the outer fenders. Only fits because of the camber!!!!>_<.

Finally got around to installing my brakes on the rear of my bug

64 short SA
924S backing plates ( cast steel,iron??)
962 C2 calipers ( no caliper spacer at this point) Need to buy 996 rear discs to complete the install. Lanner informed me in shouldn't need spacer with these discs.
tires are 205/55/16 Contis ( Japanese may not rub) Slightly narrower I think??
Does rub the outer fender
When I test fitted a wheel to make sure it cleared the caliper it was fine . So proceeded to install the other wheel.
Then when I was finished and pushed the car out , went around to the passenger side only to notice one of the spokes had scrapped the Porsche logo and paint of the on caliper.****!! So yes its a tight fit.About a mm or less. Comes down to uneven casting of the Fuchs, A little dremmel work is needed. Can"t reallly spacer them out as they already hit the fender.

Hope this helps someone. I know I had lots of questions. And was constantly asking . So here you go short SA guys and gals.
Next comes the front.( 944S2T calipers inside 16 x 6" fuchs, off course narrowed beam and spacer are a must.;)