PDA

View Full Version : wheel alignment

simontwithers
December 29th 2002, 15:49
does anyone have any recommedations for toe and camber settings for my balljoint/swingarm fast street car?

i currently have suggestions of 1 to 1.5 degrees neg camber at the front and parallel at the rear, with a 1/16th of an inch toe out all round, about a quater of a degree.

any other suggestions welcome.

i am also going to tweak my front trailing arms to achive the neg camber i need. has anyone done any research into the relationship between distance bent and degrees negative camber gained?

i am going to fit limiting straps to the rear. Again other mods to improve handling greatfully recieved

cheers.

kdanie
December 29th 2002, 22:10
1 to 1.5 deg neg. camber on the front is good for a street car, you should not need to bend anything to get it. If you use 1/16 toe out the car will have slightly better turn in on corners but be twichy on the highway. Go 1/16 toe IN for a street car. I would drop the rear so I had a couple degrees neg camber and set the rear toe to straight ahead. Trial and error is the only way to find the settings YOU like.
Some people swear by lots of neg. camber but it that's their personal prefference.
I have a balljoint/swingaxle '68 for my daily driver. Get a camber compensator and limiting straps. I have experinced axle tuck under (just the start, I was able to catch it!) twice, scared the hell out of me....
ken