PDA

View Full Version : Brake Failure!

Eatoniashoprat
September 2nd 2010, 10:03
Hello, so I was out testing some suspension changes I made and seeing how the braking felt last night. I stand on the brakes and about halfway down the pedal goes to the floor. I let go and I still have brakes but now you have to push the pedal down ~1" more than before. I limp it home to investigate.

Get into the garage and step on the brakes hard, pressure... pressure.. and pshh all the way to the floor. I looked underneath and there is brake fluid everywhere.

One of the pressure switches on the M/C blew a hole in the middle of the plastic end part. Right in the center of the wire terminals. These are new parts!

Anyone seen this before? It scared me because this could have turned out waay worse! I'll try and get a picture of it tonight.

Mike

JIMP
September 3rd 2010, 04:02
Yes have seen this before several times with some italian made switches, try to keep with some more expensive like Bosch let's say and you're O.K.

Friendly

Dimitrios

Eatoniashoprat
September 3rd 2010, 10:19
Yes have seen this before several times with some italian made switches, try to keep with some more expensive like Bosch let's say and you're O.K.

Friendly

Dimitrios

Ok thanks, the ones I have are stamped with the VW/audi emblems, a friend says he has some better ones to use.

I bought them from Cip1, and it was the only one I saw that they offered

Mike