PDA

View Full Version : Slow site

gpfan1
September 13th 2010, 18:24
The site is running slowly. I routinely get 15 to 30 seconds after selecting anything. I'm running DSL and my speed is 1.3 mb/s. Other sites are not slow. Some days are better, but by and large the response times are frustratingly slow. Who is the web host? They should be providing better and more consistent speeds.

volkdent
September 13th 2010, 21:22
I've had the same problem for quite awhile now, thought it was something to do with my computer but everything does run fast besides this site.

Jason

petevw
September 14th 2010, 01:08
Weird, i haven't noticed a difference. Either on the computer or on my phone, same speed.

Pete

Steve C
September 14th 2010, 03:29
Same here

NO_H2O
September 14th 2010, 04:08
I have noticed that the site will run slow during the day and early evening, then it is fine late at night to early morning.

Sandeep
September 14th 2010, 09:45
I am not having any problems from my computer or my phone.

We are on a shared hosting plan, meaning that we do not have a dedicated server. Other sites are currently running on our shared server, but this keeps hosting costs down.

There are a number of factors affecting download speed from one's connection, but unless I hear back from the majority of users, we will keep the hosting "as is".

Your point is noted though :)

Sandeep

ricola
September 14th 2010, 12:52
Just to add it's very slow for me too...

chug_A_bug
September 17th 2010, 21:14
same here.. it's Slow in the day but late night it speeds up...