PDA

View Full Version : topline online catalogue

simontwithers
January 8th 2003, 13:32
do topline have a website where i can look at there rear disc brake kits and prices?

i am in the uk and looking for a rear disc kit for my swingaxle 67. i am looking around the £500 mark for a bolt on kit. Which kits are people impressed with?

i have also looked at the kersher kits

the budget is tight as i am changing my pcd at the same time so i am having to buy porsche wheels too. where are people in the uk sourcing there wheel spacers from? prices??

again anyone have any good sources in the uk for used 17 and possibly 18 inch alloys and tyres.

would prefer porsche. are 18x7.5 porsche wheels availiable? what about replicas?

lots of questions.
thanks.

:)

vujade
January 8th 2003, 14:19
yes topline has a website
Topline (http://www.toplineparts.com/)

you best option that is a reasonably priced, is the rear kit from CB performance. They sell a rear kit with parking brake for around $375 US. Thats not too shabby

CB Performance (http://www.cbperformance.com/)

simontwithers
January 8th 2003, 16:13
i have looked at the cb kit. it is the best ive seen and with delivery, import tax and vat it is about the same price as the kerscher kit.

its the hassle of importing it. i suppose i could get a company in the uk to import it for me, i think big boys toys offer this service.

another kit i have seen is the csp kit. the kit states for 68 on. am i right in thinking the only diff on my 67 is the wide 5 stud pattern? i want the porsche pcd so i think this kit will be ok for my car?

NYBugman1972
January 8th 2003, 20:44
I believe that boxster 18" front wheels are 18x7.5 et52 i think, but im not sure.

GUTTERS
January 10th 2003, 09:20
hi simon, i am in the uk as well mate, try simon at porsch-apart he does sets of genuine rims for about £400 depending on size/ condition etc.

simontwithers
January 11th 2003, 17:18
have you got any contact details for porsh-apart?? email, phone number?? cheers.

Chris_W
January 12th 2003, 17:05
http://www.porsch-apart.co.uk/

And I've also found these to be quite food for prices:

http://www.jasmine-motorsport.co.uk/

HTH

Chris

simontwithers
January 14th 2003, 10:15
cheers for the help guys

i am still considering my opitions for rear discs.
i have now gone full circle and am back onto porsche 944 calipers.

have the 944 calipers got an intergral handbrake caliper? i am assuming they havent and use a drum handbrake on the porsche??

the set up i was looking at was to get the single pot 944 calipers from a breakers, and discs that will bolt straight onto my swingaxle from machine 7. i have chosen the single pots as apposed to the 944 turbo as i intend on keeping the beetle master cylinder. i have access to a laser cuter and presses so fabricating the brackets for the calipers is not a problem.

this leaves me to plumb them in. Is it just a case of running the existing brake lines to the calipers?? although i am unsure of the fittings on the calipers and will need to find this out.

and of course the handbrake. how are people fitting handbrake asssemblies? i was thinking of simply putting a line lock in the brakeline that runs alongside the tunnel in the car (if there is no handbrake on the caliper)

another concern is the width of the disc. how wide are the 944 discs?? if i go with the vented discs from machine 7 will they be wide enough? what about cutting pacers to fit between the pad and the piston that will locate on the pins? this is used on race karts to get the most wear out of pads.

i have chosen to get the discs from machine 7 as they will be a straight bolt on job to my swingaxle. i am pretty sure the 944 discs wont just bolt on as it is not IRS. if machine 7 do not do the vented discs does any one know of any where that do?? or is there a company that sell a disc carrier to bold onto the swingaxle rear end??

lots of questions but comments on this setup will be much appreciated as i really want to start collecting the parts.

other than this a wanted ad for a rear disc setup could be placed i spose.

cheers.

GUTTERS
January 14th 2003, 13:41
simon check your mail box mate.:D

simontwithers
January 17th 2003, 16:03
Jason has told me that he thinks the irs drum will fit the swingaxle rear end (thanks jason). meaning that the porsche rotor should fit. possibly with some machining work. can anyone confirm that the rotor will need any work to bolt onto the swingaxle drive axle? any help will be gratefully recieved as i am looking to get the ball rolling on this project asap but want to know as much as i can before i start paying out for the parts.

so far i am looking at the following parts:

a pair on non turbo rear 944 calipers

a pair of early 944 caliper mounts from the steel trailing arms as i am told the bracket is a seperate piece to the trailing arm.

a pair of rear 944 rotors and discs that may or maynot need machine work.

the handbrake mechanism for both sides.

i said i was looking at the early caliper brackets, can any one tell me the year of the 944 that has these brackets that are a seperate piece to the trailing arm?. did the calipers change at all from the steel to the ali trailing arms? ie will any year non turbo calipers fit these brackets.

now i am readying to source the parts, the year of the cars that i need the parts from will be appreciated.

im i looking ok as i am or can somebody put me back on track.

also anyone who has any of the parts that i am going to need that they wish to sell then please let me know. I am also looking at the option of 18 inch wheels. i am trying to get them under stock arches so they must be narrow. so again if anyone has any wheels for for sale in porsche pcd please let me know. the wheels must have good tyres although road rash etc is not a problem as i can get them refurbished.

Thanks for all of your help

Simon.

:)