PDA

View Full Version : Porsche rims on my car?? how!!!

VRSICK
August 12th 2002, 13:51
how exactly do they fit, do I need to buy different fenders? Do I need spacers??

i'm goin for the porsche twisties, wider in the rear than in the front.

vujade
August 12th 2002, 19:22
VRSick,
you can fit those on your dub with the correct backspacing on the rim (which most porsche rims have) without wider fenders in the front (though it depends too on how low you are going to go).

If you go to a wider rim in the back then the front, you will either have to buy wider rear fenders or narrow the rear suspension. Because I dont believe a 8.5" rear wheel will fit with the above mentioned mods. :)

Alex
August 12th 2002, 21:28
If you want to use Porsche rims you need to get brakes with 5x130 bolt pattern. You can get disk that have it and rear drums too if you do not want to spend too much on brakes. Reading what your plans are for the engine I would suggest at least 944 brakes or a nice Kerscher front and rear brake setup.
You can fit 7" or even 7.5" in the front under stock fenders. The offset for 7 inch rims (original Porsche) is ET55 and aftermarket rims 7.5 come in ET52. You need a 15-21mm spacer with that. This is for a NON narrowed front beam.
In the rear you can fit up to 9inch. Offset needs to be 47mm and you need a splacer with that too. I think it is 27mm...not too sure anymore. I have to check on that. If you add Porsche brakes...they will widen your rear track and maybe even the front on and you have to get differetn spacers. 7.5 ET 23 will fit in the rear too if you use Kerscher rear disk or stock drums. Using Porsche brakes you should get rims with a higher offset. Porsche come in 8.5" ET50 and aftermarket 9" ET47. I am sure that you can get a lot more Wheel offset combinations that would work too.
BTW...minor work needs to be done to the stock fender maybe....like rolling the inner lip for clearance.
Alex