PDA

View Full Version : Kafer Cup Brace

lightning bug
August 12th 2002, 21:25
Will a Kafer Cup rear brace, such as the Remmele or CSP model, clear a 915 trans. in a Type 1 or is it designed Type 1 specific? Thanks.

Alex
August 12th 2002, 21:37
Good question.....I think it will clear. I am sure that I saw a car at Remmele that had a Porsche tranny with the brace. I will ask him.
Check the pics at the suspension gallery to see how much extra clearance it give you. I think my Autocraft case is a little higher too because of the extra ribs it has on the top of the tranny.

I will get back to you with the info asap.

Alex

lightning bug
August 12th 2002, 21:42
Thanks Alex. I did look at the gallery pics. That's what popped the question into my head. I think that's a T1 trans. on the car w/ the brace, no? Thanks again.

Alex
August 12th 2002, 21:48
It is a T1 tranny but the case is an Autocraft case. Those pics are from my pan. Check my members ride. You can see a better pic there.
There is room left. I can measure it for you by the end of this week.

Alex

Alex
August 13th 2002, 12:43
Talked to Eddy this morning and yes it fits without any problems.

Alex

tab69vw
August 14th 2002, 12:41
Hey Alex,

I noticed your pan has a 5 bar setup. Is this something you fab'd or is it something you purchased? I've never seen a 5 bar setup before. Where did you get it?

Alex
August 14th 2002, 16:03
That is something I did. I got my original set from Tafel Germany and bought a 2 bar setup from aircooled.net to add it.

Alex

lightning bug
August 14th 2002, 20:53
Thanks again for your help Alex!