PDA

View Full Version : 17" or 18" wheels

paulgrey
January 10th 2003, 17:37
Hello,
I have been reading the verious different threds in the forums, I have found all the information very helpful however I am at the moment looking at fitting a set of wheels to my 1500 (1970) beetle and am strugling to work out which offset and size wheel to use. I will go with a 17" wheel on the frount and from reading the other information a offset of 40 should see me right with a standard lenght front beam and redrilled front disks, Please correct me if I am wrong. Where I am having problems is in deciding whether to put 17's or 18's on the back, I think 18's would look cooler. The set of wheels that I am looking at come in an 18/7 which should fit my redrilled drums fine (again correct me if I am wrong) what offset should I go for on the rear? and will the 18's look good when the back is lowered down on them?

Look forward to your responce.

volkdent
January 26th 2003, 02:44
I think it will look VERY good! That is exactly what I'm planning for mine. A 1" difference in wheel diameter will fortify the agressive part of the Bug shape while not looking obvious a la Prowler and a few other hot cars. Sorry I can't help you with the offset, as I'm starting from a different reference point.