PDA

View Full Version : Remmele Bugs...?

vujade
August 12th 2002, 21:47
Why is it that 'most' of Remmele's Bugs are Standard Type 1 and not SB's?
Does he know something or is it just his personal preference?

Alex
August 12th 2002, 21:53
Good question. I wonder that myself. I have to ask him.
He had a couple of Supers there when I was there and saw his storage room full of these beauties. Maybe it is because the added weight....do not know...maybe he likes Standards better.
I know though that he has more parts for Supers though if I remember correctly.

Alex

vujade
August 12th 2002, 22:31
well his standard beetles look awesome! especially that green one in the new vw trends :)

vujade
August 21st 2002, 22:53
Alex,

did you ever find anything out?

Also do you have any pics of Remmele Supers?

Chris Percival
August 22nd 2002, 04:01
People go to him with money, wanting a german look car, but sticking to the wrong view that supers are not as good as standard models.. Thats basically it.

Steve Arndt
August 23rd 2002, 12:25
It must be because the standard is better looking. When spending that much money you can make either of them handle just fine!
Steve

greenterbo
August 23rd 2002, 12:46
Steve,
The idea that the standard beetle is better looking is a matter of personal opinion. The first German Look cars that I saw were Super Beetles in VW Trends; this prompted me to search the web for the German Look and I found Shop Talk Forums, which led me to Super Beetles Only and this web site, or at least the old version. I personally like the 1302/1303 better as GLs. I really like a black 1303 I saw awhile back on the web. To me it seems the GL (Kafer Cup) began with the 1302/1303 model because they have a better-engineered suspension. Porsche used some of these same design features from the 1302/1303s to build the 924/944s.

Again, much of this is my personal opinion. :D http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/frameset.html

Steve Arndt
August 23rd 2002, 13:00
It is a matter of personal opinion, exactly. I understand all your points mentioned.

Steve

vujade
August 23rd 2002, 16:36
this is exactly what happened to me also greenterbo.

I was searching the internet for GL cars and found shop talk forums, the super beetles only website & the new german look forums (I came during the transition period)

I bought a 67 2 years ago with the intention of building a modern ((not old school with chrome & empis)) cal look car & then I seen alot of the GL supers & i was sold! I put my 67 up for sale & just boughta 71 1302.