PDA

View Full Version : Deutscherblick UK?

hot66
January 21st 2003, 17:43
just to keep this at the top. Hope know one minds.

The UK german look club 'Deutscherblick UK' ? will be having a get together at castle combe race track on April 26th. You can either run your car as part of the track day or spectate like me.

I'm sure chris will fill in the details. :D

Chris Percival
January 22nd 2003, 04:57
Yes, Deutscherblick UK is the name of the new UK Germanlook VW club (subject to general acceptance). It will incorporate the VWTRA (VW Track Racing Association). The home of this club is the Yahoo Group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vwtrackday/. Please join to stay in touch and get the latest details of club meets and track events.

The events in question are 2 action days, organised by Castle Combe race track in Wiltshire (http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk). They are:

Saturday 26th April - Triple C Action Day
Saturday 14th June - Triple C 2 Action Day

Again please join the list and read the archives for more information.

Chris

Alex
January 22nd 2003, 05:38
IF you are serious about the DeutscherBlick UK club let me know please and I will create a forum for you guys were you can discuss club specific stuff. The same rules apply to you too though...all technical questions should be posted in the Technical Forums of the site.
Also I would need a name for a moderator of the forum.
Please send me a PM or email with the details.

So I guess DeutscherBlick UK is a national club?

Alex

Chris Percival
January 23rd 2003, 06:35
Alex, do you know if Deutscherblick is a suitable translation of Germanlook? Maybe Oliver could help?

Chris Percival
January 23rd 2003, 12:53
I think we are now actually moving away from anything specificaly Germanlook or track racing for the club. It will probobly be called something more generic, although it will still focus on track based performance and/or Germanlook vehicles..

vujade
February 22nd 2003, 10:42
so whats going on with the UK Club?

hot66
February 23rd 2003, 16:13
we have formed a club called 'FastTrack Dub Club'.

Not a true germanlook, but a club which leans to the all round performance aircooled vehicle. All aircooled are welcome including buggies, type2's etc.....asl ong as the vehicle is not a drag strip refugee & has been built with corners in mind :D

In the UK, trackdays are very popular (open track at race circuits for any vehicles), & this will be the starting point for some of the clubs meet ups.

We have our first track day at CastleCoombe circuit in April.

If anyone is intersted in joining us we have a yahoo group set up, or you could mail me or chris percival