PDA

View Full Version : Comments on site ?

Sandeep
August 13th 2002, 12:50
Hi all,

Now that we've been up and running for a few days.....do you have any comments for the site ?

What do you like ? what can we improve on ? what did we miss ?

Any comments are appreciated and will help me refine the site as time goes on !

Sandeep

CPRcubed
August 14th 2002, 09:17
Looks good to me! The one thing I do notice is that the date on posts is in the format of dd-mm-yyyy. I tend to prefer mm-dd-yyyy, although that is just me. Cheers!

bren
August 14th 2002, 09:44
Originally posted by CPRcubed

one thing I do notice is that the date on posts is in the format of dd-mm-yyyy. I tend to prefer mm-dd-yyyy, although that is just me. Cheers!

i think thats stricly a US thing.. nowhere else in the world i know swaps its denominations around like that.. i mean.. who would say, right now its: 2:36pm, 2002, august, 37 seconds, 14th???!! ;)

crazy!!

sorry.. just a pet hate of mine and most brits i know, that mm/dd/yy thing..

as for the site.. i feel more images are needed in the galleries.. i have loads of my own and even more that i pulled off other peoples sites.. only problem is with the stealing of peoples pics.. find for my own pleasure, but it a bit of a gray area when the pics get used elsewhere.. like the old GL.com frontpage that was a blatant ripoff from an issue of volksworld.. the last thing we need is copyright issues causing problems at a later date.. maybe if eveyone submits their own pics that they themselves have taken at shows??

more tech articles needed too.,.. but i know thats an "in the works"

Superman
August 14th 2002, 10:49
Originally posted by bren

sorry.. just a pet hate of mine and most brits i know, that mm/dd/yy thing..

The US Military also uses D/M/Y so I'm use to it.

As for the old site's pic I ripped that off from Trevor Brady's site so Volksworld has to talk to him. Just kidding, as Bren said it's that grey area. I know it's wrong and will never do it again... am I allowed to play outside now please :silly:

Alex
August 14th 2002, 11:33
That is a problem. That is why the pics that are submitted should be yours ar the people should have the permission from the owner to pass them along. There is no way that we can check were the pics are coming from originally so we have to trust you.

when submitting pics please name the file with a short description of the tiem so that we can enter it in the database to make it searchable. That is a very important. We do not know every part.

Sandeep and I should think about a disclaimer for submitted pics.

The date thing......I know about it but I guess what hardly anyone noticed it that we have a slight problem with the birthdate of people born before 1970. You enter the info correctly but when others access your profile it will say 31 of December 1969. I have the fix for it. I found it yesterday on the vBulletin site. I will implement it when I start putting the modifications back in which we had on Germanlook.org.

Alex

Sandeep
August 14th 2002, 12:10
Well,

It sounds like there is nothing MAJOR wrong....thats good :D

As for the images...ya, we need images submitted by members...but taken by yourselves.....

I've uploaded the 901 5 speed article by Steve Arndt.

Bren...did you get the email I sent you ? Sorry but I have run into a time constraint right now (Wife..:D )...looks like I'll have to do some work from WORK....:p

Man thats alot of smiles for one post...:befuddled

Sandeep

bren
August 15th 2002, 05:04
Originally posted by Sandeep

Bren...did you get the email I sent you ?
i sure did dude, but as i said in my reply (have you not received it?) i use an apple mac, so i dont have MS Word installed so i cant do anything with the article im afraid.. cant even open it! sorry about that.. :(

Chris Percival
August 19th 2002, 04:37
Whats with the 'I pretend to know stuff about VWs' text in some of our avitars? I don't pretend anything...

Alex
August 19th 2002, 08:52
Those are the tiltles that you get when you have a certain number of posts.
If that is offending let me know and I remove it.

Alex

Chris Percival
August 19th 2002, 08:56
Not sure I like it, but don't worry about changing it. How long till I get somthing else?.. :)

Alex
August 19th 2002, 08:59
At 45 posts. I will change it.

Alex