PDA

View Full Version : Fitting Porsche seats to a 1302

yetibone
February 8th 2003, 11:11
I was on Ebay last night and saw a set of seat tracks for use with Recaro seats in a Porsche. As I understand, Porsche seats are as interchangable as Porsche wheels. The seat tracks I saw look much like the ones in Hummbug (1302)
Could I assume that Porsche seats may slide directly into the tracks of an early Superbeetle floor pan, given the similarities I observed in pictures? I've never actually seen Porsche seat tracks
first hand.

Thanks.

Yetibone

njv
February 8th 2003, 18:19
924 911 seats and so on mount to the floor directly with the rails that are bolted to the bottom of them.

you could mount them on a raised platform no problems as long as the platform is bolded to the floor properly and wont just rip out in a crash and they will slide forward and backwards on top of your platform.

you get to chose how high you want your seats might be usefull if your like 6ft 6in or 5ft 1 in if you get what i mean .

924 are cheaper than 911 generally but are exactly the same if you follow me!

Vyper
February 22nd 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by njv
924 911 seats and so on mount to the floor directly with the rails that are bolted to the bottom of them.

you could mount them on a raised platform no problems as long as the platform is bolded to the floor properly and wont just rip out in a crash and they will slide forward and backwards on top of your platform.

you get to chose how high you want your seats might be usefull if your like 6ft 6in or 5ft 1 in if you get what i mean .

924 are cheaper than 911 generally but are exactly the same if you follow me!

For my 944 seats I used a set of kerscher seat mounts (German TUV approved and bolt into 3 point seat mounts on the floorpan) then drilled and bolted the seat to the new mount.

Fair better than drilling holes in your nicely restored floorpan!! :D

Vyper

super vw
February 25th 2003, 15:38
i was thinking about fabricating a 3 point mount like vyper was talking about, for the very reson he mentioned about drilling holes in the pan.
but it for me i need it as low as posible (im tall).
not sure when i will make it, i need to look into some tools i would need. i have a MIG welder but nothing really that cuts metal (other than an angle grinder).