PDA

View Full Version : Tech Article Suggestions...

vujade
August 14th 2002, 23:29
you would like to see at GermanLook.com

I'll get the ball rolling....

Frame head raising- to lower front of a standard beetle

Go ahead and let us know what you would like to see!

bugsoup
August 15th 2002, 18:12
1. rear torsion bar adjuster (mounts in the center of the beam)
2. frame head replacement or raising/lowering
3. super beetle suspension installed into a standard
4. aftermarket/upgraded seat install
5. fender widening in steel or fiber
6. roll bar fabrication or install
7. porsche gauge install and calibration
8. automobile rotisserie (I know there are sites out there, but this is supposed to be THE resource)
9. any kind of specialized tool that can be homemade i.e. IRS pivot jig
10. rear stress bars

Alex
August 15th 2002, 18:28
The requested article can only be written by people that actually did the mods or by submitting links to other articles on the net.

A rear stress bar setup article will be posted shortly. I am working on it.

As far as the rotisserie goes...either you buy one or you fab your own. I guess you would be interested in knowing how to fab your own. If you look at my member profile you will see my shell sitting in a self made one which I got from a friend. It is a round steel pipe with welded brackets to mount it to the heater channel.

Alex

bugsoup
August 15th 2002, 19:30
Alex

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that in your pictures before you pointed it out. How was the tubing bent into that big hoop? That looks to be a great way to build one, but I would not know how to do this part. Could you have your friend write an article? (unless you know how it was done, of course)

BTW, here's another request:

hydraulic clutch install

Alex
August 15th 2002, 22:00
Well he does not know either because he got it from someone he knows so he can not help. Maybe he can ask teh guy.
I can have a closer look at it and take some detailed pics and forward it to you.

But with the hydraulic clutch install I can help. I am doing this fairly soon and an article for it is already planned.

Alex

bugsoup
August 15th 2002, 22:28
Pictures of that would be great, and more details of the build process would be be even better.

Sandeep
August 16th 2002, 15:51
Alex,

Get off your A$$ and submit those articles !! :D

Just kidding....

Sandeep

samcat
August 19th 2002, 07:16
Hydraulic clutch
Hydraulic throttle

Both are something I am planning on doing... So I may be able to knock an article up sometime (not planned to do in the immediate future though....).

Sam C

trevorbrady
August 19th 2002, 08:40
I can write an article on doing the IRS conversion because I'm doing it soon. I've lined up all the parts except a 1600 gearbox, watch this space!

Sandeep
August 19th 2002, 08:55
Cool,

Take lots of 640 x 480 pics !!

Sandeep

vujade
August 28th 2002, 08:58
how about installation of 944 adjustable spring plates on an IRS rear suspension?