PDA

View Full Version : 1776

verbeekb
February 9th 2003, 11:11
This is a 20.000 Km old 1776 built on a used Type 3 case. Case was properly linebored by Ahnendorp and bored for thickwall 90.5s. Used, handselected, unmachined, genuine VW 69mm crank statically and dynamically balanced by Ahnendorp with Berg Equalizer, Ahnendorp lightened, 8-dowelled and galvanized flywheel, with properly ground -not lathe machined- friction surface, and Sachs pressure plate which also has a little dowel pin to make sure it gets mounted properly every time. Genuine VW oil seal, all Kolbenschmidt bearings, dual thrust cam bearings, Berg chromoly gland nut, Berg pulley bolt and Belleville washers, Ahnendorp rebuilt/balanced connecting rods, Ahnendorp 90.5mm forged Mahle P&Cs, Berg cylinder shims, 7.5 CR, new near stock Ahnendorp 040s, VW valves, Berg valve springs, Berg chromoly retainers and keepers, Berg rockershafts, new genuine VW rockers, new genuine Porsche swivel feet adjusters and nuts, new original VW valve covers, bails and gaskets, NOS genuine VW adjustable aluminum pushrod tubes with original seals, these do sweat a little bit (GR#%@), Berg chromoly push rods and rockerstand shims, Ahnendorp hardened lifters, Engle W100, Berg cam gear, Berg 30mm oil pump, Berg relief cover, Fram HP1, new -not rebuilt- genuine German VW doghouse oilcooler, Ahnendorp manifolds, rebuilt 36 DRLA Dell'Orto's, K&N filters, Ahnendorp centerpull linkage, Berg Brosal fuel pump, modified 009, VW distributor clamp with long nut, new genuine VW distributor drive and shims, genuine Porsche 914 5850-RPM limiting rotor, Porsche distributor cap, Porsche 964 plug wires modified with Porsche 914 connectors, Bosch W8-BC plugs, new Porsche 356 Carrera coil (in effect a modern aluminum Bosch coil, though came through Porsche), 924 oil pressure sender with warning light switch @ .75-1.0 Bar, locked rear oil pressure piston, Berg 1.5 quart sump with rubber/steelspring -non-welded- pick up extension, genuine VW galvanized sump plate, new -not remanufactured- Bosch alternator on used VW stand, Porsche 356 fan/alt pulley (smaller in diameter, speeds fan up), comes with NOS Porsche tool for the 36mm pulley nut, used VW fan, Porsche fanbelt, Porsche fan mounting hardware, new genuine VW thermostat system, completely new out of original parts upto the last tiny springs and washers, everything galvanized, industrial oil level check window in Type 3 oil filler location, no dipstick, have to look under car to see oil level, Berg head stud kit, all nuts bolts washers used are genuine VW or Porsche, pulley tin and doghouse outlet tin are used, galvanized, properly dimpled for Berg full flow fitting, all other tinware is brandnew, Genuine VW, chemically stripped, galvanized with a thin coat of satin black for easy touch up (wash off/re-spray), no front or rear breasttins, Ahnendorp stainless steel exhaust system with bigger diameter light weight heater boxes, the heater boxes are steel, powdercoated gloss black with Berg flanges, stainless steel studs and nuts in the heads, Ahnendorp galvanized rear moustache bar to fit in combination with the exhaust system, genuine VW cylinder deflectors in place, galvanized, no bottom tin, had to go for Ahnendorp exhaust. All parts brandnew new unless otherwise specified, built by myself, I am very picky when it comes to my engines and I work at Pon Porsche in The Netherlands. I estimate power to be between 90 and 100 true Hp, built to last a very long time, never dynoed, it pushed my daily driven single cab close to an indicated 160 Km/h on a Porsche speedo with correct Porsche tire size. Runs 5W50 Mobil 1 as used in the GT3 and 996 Turbo's changed at 2000 Km intervalls usually sooner than that, every 500 Km for the first 2500 Km of its life. Comes with 996 fuel filter to be installed next to transmission. Engine will be shipped with new plugs, Bosch 145 points (stronger 6-cyl spring and nickel plated), oil, HP1 filter, valve adjustment, fresh genuine VW heater hoses and re-torqued heads. Small blemishes on tinware paintwork which I may or may not re-spray, I don't know at this point. This is a properly built, ultra reliable, very strong running engine that has cost me a lot of time, money and research, I'm looking for a good home for it for a reasonable price. Trade ins are welcome especially anything Type 4 high performance related, new 48 Ida's, Quaife lsd, serious Type 4 heads, Type 1 IRS pan with Dutch title, Remmele 180mm exhaust, just to name a few things. This engine is located in The Netherlands.

Brian

VielziDub
September 1st 2003, 11:14
:coffee: What sort of figure are we lookign at here for cash?
Cheers,
Dan