PDA

View Full Version : decklid badge

lightning bug
August 15th 2002, 19:24
Anyone know where I can pick up a 1303S or 1303 badge? I've contacted Megabug 3 times and they were very cooperative until I said in a second e-mail, each time, that I was from the states. Then they wouldn't return any e-mails. Maybe they don't want to go through the hassle of shipping to the U.S. Anyway, I'm looking for other options. Maybe someone from across the pond could help me out. Thanks. :mad:

Chris Percival
August 16th 2002, 04:20
I am a bit dissapointed with Megabug. Its not like them, they are usually very good, the badges are so light too, they could post them easily...

samcat
August 16th 2002, 04:35
Hmmm, That does surprise me! :(
Which do you need/want more? 1303 or 1303S or 1303LS
Do you get Super Beetle badges in the states? I would do a swap (you post me a super beetle badge, I post you the one of the above that you want).
I will have to get a good quality one from somewhere for you (with all the pins on the back, in good condition) and would appreciate it if the one I got was the same...

Let me know, Ok :) (You emailed me about it originally, and I suggested Megabug, so you have my email address somewhere... And if you dont its samcatchesides@hotmail.com)

Cheers for now,
Sam C

Chris Percival
August 16th 2002, 04:38
No, they just had 'Volkswagen' badges..

samcat
August 16th 2002, 05:29
Originally posted by Chris Percival

No, they just had 'Volkswagen' badges..

:( Thats a shame. I would like a 'SuperBeetle' badge.
Hmmm, wonder how much it is to just post one to the states.

Sam C

bren
August 16th 2002, 05:32
funny how we always want what someone else has isnt it!! i swapped my "VW1300" badge for a US spec "VOLKSWAGEN" badge 3 years ago as it was something a bit different over here...

Chris Percival
August 16th 2002, 05:32
Not much, less than a fiver I would have thought. Put it between some thick strong cardboard when you send it.. I have sent a couple over in the past..

MattKab
August 16th 2002, 16:36
I never new such a decklid script existed!

'would love to see a picture.

btw my decklid badge reads FUEL INJECTION ('79) Quite rare in the UK.

NYBugman1972
August 16th 2002, 20:24
I got my 1302-S badge off German Ebay www.ebay.de

lightning bug
August 16th 2002, 21:46
WOW! Thanks fellas. I've also heard nothing but good things about them. I don't know why they're avoiding me. I'll try them again. A "superbeetle" badge would be cool. Maybe someone could make one and send it to Carbon Joe to make a carbon one. Anyway, I need a couple at least as I'm building a 'vert for my girl also. Its also nice to have a few spares. I guess having a 1303 badge is kinda like the guys inthe States with Bora or Vento badges. I know 'em as Jettas. Just the "being different" thing I guess. Thanks again fellas.

Chris Percival
August 19th 2002, 04:05
Originally posted by MattKab

I never new such a decklid script existed!

It doesn't..

MattKab
August 19th 2002, 12:54
Originally posted by Chris Percival

It doesn't..

That'll be why then! Eh?

lightning bug
August 22nd 2002, 19:09
Well, I tried again (Megabug) and no response. :confused: If any of you guys out there come across any, give me a shout. I'd appreciate it. Thanks fellas.

Superman
August 22nd 2002, 21:46
Search www.ebay.de for "1303 SCHRIFTZUG" and you will find plenty. There are two currently listed but either will ship outside of Europe.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760281276

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760507572

John List finally got a 1303S and will sell his 1303 for (I think) $10, if he still has it.

H2OSB@superbeetlesonly.com

lightning bug
August 22nd 2002, 21:52
Cool thanks! John actually e-mailed me and I said I'd take it, but he never got back to me. I'm not having too much luck with e-mail. Oh well. Thanks again

Superman
August 22nd 2002, 21:55
Originally posted by MattKab

FUEL INJECTION ('79) Quite rare in the UK.

All 75-79, in the states, have the "Fuel Injection" script.
I got a few :D

lightning bug
September 4th 2002, 21:41
Well, I thought I'd give them another chance and e-mail them (Megabug) one more time. Still nothing. I hate when people waste my time. Hopefully they'll get the picture with the next e-mail I send. :mad: :mad:

Superman
September 5th 2002, 00:35
Originally posted by lightning bug

Cool thanks! John actually e-mailed me and I said I'd take it, but he never got back to me. I'm not having too much luck with e-mail. Oh well. Thanks again

It's not that, he has 2 jobs... 2 kids... and a wife. I talk to him every Sunday (his only day off) and will ask him about it for you.

Chris Percival
September 5th 2002, 04:08
I have just spoken to MegaBug. They have had a computer virus and they have had no email for a few weeks now, so thats why you arn't getting a response.. I suggested they put somthing on their website to say that! If you ring them on 044 208 317-7333, you should be able to get through, and they will send you a badge..

lightning bug
September 5th 2002, 20:32
Ahhh. That explains it. I just thought they were avoiding me. It HAS happened in the past. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Thanks Chris for the info. Thank you also Superman. That would be great if you could do that. Again, BIG thanks fellas.

Superman
September 6th 2002, 02:43
FYI:

Here is a current listed one, again for shipment in Europe only:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1764930924