PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Purpose of Your AC VW

TitoRay
February 20th 2003, 17:03
What is the purpose of your current or future AC VW project, finished, or unfinished? You can select more than one option. Just curious to see what you folks are planning for your VW. Mine is a daily driver. Comment if there needs to be more options, more specific, etc.

;)

Rob
February 20th 2003, 17:08
The plan is to use it for Solo 2 events (Auto-X), and occasionally drive it to work and cruise around town...

Rob.

TitoRay
February 20th 2003, 17:11
Dang it, I knew I forgot an option.;)
If the moderators can do so, add a "Racing" option.

vujade
February 20th 2003, 17:32
I fixed it for you :)

vujade
February 20th 2003, 17:36
I am building mine as a daily driver/show car

Sandeep
February 20th 2003, 18:03
Solo1 (Circuit) racer / weekend warrior but still able to drive it on the street

Sandeep

Martice
February 20th 2003, 18:46
I am building mine as a daily driver but will do much street racing ...so who knows what will really come out of this adventure....I hope not just a poor man who spent all his little money on his dream bug :)

Martin

Supa Ninja
February 20th 2003, 19:15
Mines going to be AutoX/Circuit Racing(Street Racing in 3 years when my speed contest ticket drops off my record), and weekend warrior ride with occasionally trips to work(still streetable). It's my toy.

Nick
AC4LIFE

Superman
February 20th 2003, 20:15
I voted other because mine will be a Weekend Warrior Race Car that I will Show :D

...moving this thread to "Germanlook" forum because it does have content.

Rob
February 20th 2003, 20:42
Supa Ninja (Nick),

You are going street racing when your record is clean again ?
Take it to the track man... safer and more fun.... :D

Or did I misread your post ?

Rob.

TitoRay
February 21st 2003, 00:32
Love your sig Rob. I agree.:D
As for street racing, every now and then you just can't help spanking a (insert over rated car here) at the light, or leaving someone lagging in your rear view through the turns. That is my idea of street racing.:)

chigger
February 21st 2003, 01:45
I am setting mine up as a daily driver which is race ready. I can then just drop in a race motor and be good to go with minor tire and suspension adjustments.
As I came down the mountain today I got behind a mid sized Chevy SUV. There was a gal a driving and she was moving on out. Quite a bit faster than most people. I stayed back about a 100 ft and watched her go. Well some of the corners I think she was taking to fast as I started to feel the Gs. My bug had another 5 to 7 mph for the curves but the SUV was leaning pretty good. Finally she pulls off right at the base of the mountain, the rear window opens and her kid sticks his head out the window and blows his cookies all over the side of the car. I hope it taught her something as I think she was going way to fast for her type of car.

NYBugman1972
February 21st 2003, 07:51
Listed it as a Weekend Warrior/Showcar.

It'll be driven in the summer as much as possible, but once winter comes, it has to hibernate. Heck, I have giant piles of snow running around and a bunch of evil salt spreaders lurking the streets, would YOU want to take your pride and joy out in these conditions?

bren
February 21st 2003, 08:06
Originally posted by NYBugman1972
I have giant piles of snow running around and a bunch of evil salt spreaders lurking the streets, would YOU want to take your pride and joy out in these conditions?

errrmmm.. i DO! i have to! of my 3 VW's, my eurobug is the only one thats road legal right now.. so to and from work, it gets a saltblasting from those infernal grit trucks :(

Tim
February 21st 2003, 08:23
The strict regulations in where I live basically do not allow any modifications on road legal cars. So I have a daily driver which is a standard beetle with mild modifications and a circuit racing only 1303 which is still in the project stage.

Tim

kdanie
February 21st 2003, 12:24
Daily driver, that includes banging the corners on the coast highway and as much road track time as I can afford.
ken

Eurolook71
February 21st 2003, 19:19
Daily driver, all the way, and since I'm in Socal, it'll be a year-round thing. I will probably take to the track, and to shows, but she ain't no trailer queen!! :D

lightning bug
February 22nd 2003, 19:11
I'm going "no winter" daily driver. Occasional track time. We have 20" of snow right now and the streets are white from the salt. My car's on a no salt diet.

Pillow
February 24th 2003, 14:08
I put mine as a daily driver.

But its purpose is to embarass SUVs and be a fun camper for the weekends.

I doubt the '66 Westi bus will ever be that great on the turns, but it is fun trying. It is just too top heavy to make a great canyon carver out of it... But my idea of good handling is pretty high so the bus will still be no slouch.

... I hate big POS gas guzzling SUVs total posuer wanna be a-holes. Unsafe at any speed piles of dog poop. God forbid people buy realistic cars like a Passat wagon or Volvo wagon if they need more space. Yes some SUVs actually get used properly but that is less than 1% of them and those are the ones who could care less about leather and a navigation system!

Supa Ninja
February 24th 2003, 16:03
Tell us how you really feel Adrian.

Pillow
February 28th 2003, 16:47
LOL yah I just cannot hold back on any opportunity to get an SUV bashing session in :)

yetibone
March 16th 2003, 09:24
I built Hummbug for my girlfriend. It will be a semi-daily driver, unless I can come up with an air conditioning system. Then I would likely never see her (girlfriend) or the car again for it being driven all year long. (summers are hot in NC) Mabye a show car on occaision, definite embarrassment to little Ricers and Boy Racers who think their cars look SOOOO original.

I've decided to sell my '66 sedan so I can find/build/drive a 1303 in the same fashon as Hummbug.

Yetibone

NO_H2O
March 16th 2003, 09:49
I now have 4 of them, I need a "all of the above":D

Cyrus2Dope
March 30th 2003, 20:30
My soon to be GL bus is gunna have like 2 purposes, gettin me to werk, an gettin me sum tale... Peace