PDA

View Full Version : Logo concept

CLKWRK
February 24th 2003, 15:53
Hi all,
I made up a logo for the boxer auto gruppe, just thought I'd throw it out to see what everyone thought of it. Suggestions are welcome.
Cheers:)

Sandeep
February 24th 2003, 16:11
Bryan,

Cool ! I like it. I just put up a temp banner so we had something until we came up with something better.

We will chat about your logo. I LIKE IT ! It will be easy to convert to a sticker as well.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
February 24th 2003, 16:14
Sandeep,
Im glad you like it, but its just the first pass, Im not completely sold on the font. I expect it to evolve from this to something better, with everyones input.
BRY

Alex
February 24th 2003, 16:24
It looks very good.
Sandeep,

maybe you should post yours for some ideas.

Alex

Sandeep
February 24th 2003, 16:29
OK,

Here's my idea but I like Bryan's better.

Do I get a CF firewall for entering this contest ??? :hehehe: seems we both have the same idea for the font.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
February 24th 2003, 16:33
Hi,
It seems derrivitive of the west coast choppers and independant truck company logos.
I see the Iron cross everywhere I go these days.
Too bad its taken, because I like it.
Bry

CLKWRK
February 24th 2003, 17:57
how about these?

Alex
February 24th 2003, 18:20
Personally I like the first one and the left one from the second attachment.

Rob
February 24th 2003, 18:34
Very nice.
The only comment I have is to take a bit different font.

Good stuff !

Rob.

Sandeep
February 24th 2003, 21:45
I'm with Alex.

I like the first attachment and then the one on the left in the second attachment.

Sandeep

zen
February 24th 2003, 22:19
fwiw, i like the first one. the leaf is a nice touch (this from a wings fan ;)). i agree on a slightly different font, but i like the overall design. i have to get back on the VKG logo later this week myself.

CLKWRK
February 25th 2003, 14:17
I like this one sort of

Rob
February 25th 2003, 14:54
Yeah, I like that one too.
Just add the "Auto Gruppe" underneath ?

Rob.

CLKWRK
February 27th 2003, 14:21
Hi everyone,

Judging from our tuesday chat, It seems that the first concept was the most liked, except the choice of font.
Here is a revised version of the first idea.

Bry

Rob
February 27th 2003, 14:56
Very cool.
I like the one on the right.

Rob.

cnavarro
February 27th 2003, 17:51
Both of that last revision would be awesome.

Charles

CLKWRK
February 27th 2003, 17:58
Hi,
ive been working on the logo some more, and I think I like this one the best. What do you guys think?
Bry

Alex
February 27th 2003, 18:14
Hmmm...I still like this one better but I go with what the masses want. I think in clear it is better suited for a window sticker.

Alex

57mutant
February 27th 2003, 19:33
I like the last revision best. The leaf is immediatly recognizable as Canadian. How bout black lettering though. Good work.

petevw
February 27th 2003, 20:40
i think the "autogruppe" should be more eyecatching in the logo. the "boxer" is cool but i don't think it should be so dominant in the logo. "boxer" could lead into thoughts of subaru's and the porche boxster.

like more of the autogruppe inthe middle with the boxer on the top and GTA on the bottom. sort of squish the middle of the word autogruppe and stretch the ends taller to allow boxer and gta to fit on the same plane..

i haven't played with graphics, but, bry could you toy with that?

later,
pete

Sandeep
February 27th 2003, 21:29
Bryan,

I like 'boxer5 lores' the best. Excellent work. The colors look cool as well.

As PeteVW said, can we distinguish more between vw and Porsche/Subaru ?

Maybe a vw somewhere ? or a trait shared by all vw's ?
Just a thought.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
March 17th 2003, 16:56
Ok,
here are some fonts i gathered up, maybe we can pick one from these.
Bry

Alex
March 17th 2003, 17:18
I like # 3,10,11 and 15 (last one)

Alex

Sandeep
March 18th 2003, 14:32
Bryan,

KILLER Banner ! I've added it to our forum. I like the font just as it is in the banner.

Sandeep

shuzz@knt
March 18th 2003, 17:12
Bry, now I'm jealous. I think I wanna get the same font for the lettering on the race car. Maybe I can talk you into painting it again. ;-)

Looks awesome man!

Lates.

Oh Bry, swatow called they wanna know when you can make it.

CLKWRK
March 19th 2003, 01:02
Yo Shuzz,

We can use that font on the race car, just get the sticker made.

Tell Tran (from swatow) that were going to see him thursday (tomorrow). I'll give you the call around 2pm or so.

Cheers

P.S. heres what happens when someone hands me a sword when im drunk "by the power of greyskull!"..........:D

Sandeep
March 28th 2003, 10:38
Hey Bry,

When can you shoot me that logo ? I'm working on the site in my spare time.

thanks,

Sandeep

CLKWRK
April 9th 2003, 15:27
Hey Sandeep,
Did you get my email?

Sandeep
April 10th 2003, 11:04
KICK A$$ banner Bryan !!

I'm doing some work on the site today.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
April 11th 2003, 14:46
Hey guys,

heres a Boxer AG avitar I whipped up, feel free to use it if you like

cheers, Bry:D

CLKWRK
April 11th 2003, 14:51
here it is:)

Alex
April 11th 2003, 17:03
Awesome Banner.
I just noticed it. Great work.

Nice avatar too.

Alex

Rob
April 11th 2003, 21:10
Very cool !!!
Looks great, what did you use to create it ?
Rob.

zen
April 11th 2003, 21:35
you did a great job clkwrk. i absolutely love that.

NO_H2O
April 15th 2003, 06:50
Very nice work. Your banner looks awsome.

vujade
April 15th 2003, 08:17
very nice job! :cool:

CLKWRK
April 15th 2003, 10:25
Hey guys,

Glad you all liked it, hopefully i will be able to colaborate with Sandeep and leave my mark all over the Boxer AG site.

I used a program called GIF construction set Professional, it makes animated gifs. I also used 3D stuio max to model the pistons

Bry:D

petevw
April 17th 2003, 03:32
hey bry,

could you make the avitar 6K?
i want to use it on the STF.

thanks,
pete

CLKWRK
April 17th 2003, 10:57
Hey Pete,
Ask, and ye shall receive:D
Bry

petevw
April 23rd 2003, 11:34
thanks bry

CLKWRK
May 7th 2003, 20:51
Hey Guys,
Here is the logo for stickers, email me if you need a higher resolution image.
Sorry about the delay, work has been hectic
BRY

btljus
May 7th 2003, 23:03
Hey sorry to join this so late! great job on the logos and the banner Bry! The final one looks great the only thing there is nothing to say or show that it's VW can it be incorpporated into the last logo or is everyone OK with the current one? I like it, but I thought there was som questions going around about being able to differentiate between the porsche and subaru's? Otherwise awesome!!!!!! I spoke with the sticker guy that I know and he said no probs he just needs a bit of time, there is another place by my work in Guelph this lady does good work too I can ask her also. I'd need a count of how many and sizing and color
so if I could get an idea we can take this one step further!:silly:
Peter:D

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 09:22
Slick work Bry !

I think the distinction between Sube's and VW's/Porsche's is made with the spelling of 'Gruppe'.

I LOVE the logo .. I think that every region has a chapter of Porsche Club of America and don't think people would start a rival Porsche club. So I think that is the distinction between VW and Porsche.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the # of stickers, I would think 2 per car (one for each rear quarter window), size to be 4" x 4" ?

Will the sticker have a white background ? Or will it be clear with the logo white ?

I would figure we need about (20, we have about 10 members ?) and then 10-20 more for future members ?

Just some thoughts.

On another note, I'm registering the domain today and the DNS forwarding so we can use my Rogers webspace to host the site (10MB). My contribution to the club.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
May 8th 2003, 10:12
Hello,

I am glad you guys like the sticker logo, I have to agree with Alex on not making the stickers the focal point of each car that they are applied to, perhaps a 4" vynil sticker that is semi transparent, or a dark colour so as to not draw too much attention.
Why dont we try making a bunch of different colours the first batch, maybe some black, white, red, silver, smoke/transparent.

Just a thought, BRY

Alex
May 8th 2003, 10:33
Transparent with black for me please :hehehe:

Rob
May 8th 2003, 11:36
If we need more webspace, we can also use my Rogers space, and I have a couple of servers at home where we could link to (as long as we don't get too much traffic :p )

BTW, the logo is excellent ! For me, I think white with transparent background will be good, because I'm planning on having the rear quarter windows tinted......
On the other hand, if I go with the Chrome tint (I'm going for the 'extra cheesy' look)....black would be better......decisions, decisions... :D :D

Rob.

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 13:42
I'm debating whether to take the tint off my rear windows ... I agree with the white with transparent background...

Sorry Alex ! :p

Sandeep

Alex
May 8th 2003, 13:43
White is fine too.

Alex

btljus
May 8th 2003, 14:16
Ok so who want's what color and what are we doing about the $$$ I can pick up the tab for the time being no issue there...but are we all paying it out of pocket or is there gonna be a CLUB FEE?... and that will cover the stickers and other miscallaneous expenses like BEER!!!!!!! LOL please let me know! I can go and get 10 white ones, black ones, smoked ones, anyone for red? I'm gonna go in a short while to find out pricing

Rob
May 8th 2003, 14:19
Allrightie then,

Let us know what the pricing is going to be, because I might want to have a couple. Maybe even put one on the Sube to confuse everyone :silly:

As for payment, I'm in for meeting up somewhere again, especially since the weather is getting better...

Rob.

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 14:22
So 2 for each car ?

Lets meet somewhere again and we can take care of payment ? I think out of pocket for now ?

Sandeep

btljus
May 8th 2003, 14:28
Ok i'm still tied up at work but i'll have the pricing and maybe even the stickers later today!!!!! i'll keep u all posted!!!!!!!

CLKWRK
May 8th 2003, 15:31
Beetlejuice,

2 smoked and 2 silverfor me.
I'm gonna slap em on my new slammed silver bimmer ;) maybe ill sneak it out to the track with you guys, just to see what it can do, plus its good to have an h2o car for comparison

BRY

Rob
May 8th 2003, 15:55
I'll have a set of each: 2 smoked, 2 white, 2 black.

Thx,

Rob.

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 16:17
2 silver for me then ! I didn't know silver was an option !

Sandeep

CLKWRK
May 8th 2003, 16:21
Hey,

I have seen silver vynil stickers before, if silver is not available, then make mine white instead of silver

Bry

btljus
May 8th 2003, 17:01
hey Bry can you provide me with the boxer_sticker_lores in either a CDR file format or Adobe Illustrator? Thats what this lady (in Guelph) wants it in. Price is $2.50 per sticker. I have sent the file to this other guy that makes the stickers and he hasn't gotten back to me on the price and lead time.
What do you guys think about the $$$

zen
May 8th 2003, 17:20
great looking sticker. i have to hurry up and get ours (VKG) going as well. for what it is worth, we have had the same conversation on colors and everyone generally liked the idea of keeping it subtle. we will probably go transparent with a dark color. the only people that care will be the ones will to get close to look.

god i love that banner too!!!!

CLKWRK
May 8th 2003, 17:38
Hey blue peter,

I will have to talk to my girlfriend, who is an adobe illustrator wizard, I am only good at photoshop.

psd format, tga, tiff, or jpeg, 300 dpi 4"x4" right?
if it is too big, i will have to give it to you on a cd, maybe drop it off at your place or something.

Bry:D

Alex
May 8th 2003, 19:20
Transparent with silver for me. If silver is not available I take black ot white.

I will take 4.

Alex

btljus
May 8th 2003, 20:39
Ok so, so far I have requests for 8 silver, 4 smoked (if avaliable), 4 white and 2 black. Is that it? If I get them done here in Guelph than smoked will not be avaliable, so don't get upset.

Rob
May 8th 2003, 21:33
Please add 2 silver to my list.
So basically I'll have 2 of each :D

Thanks,

Rob.

CLKWRK
May 9th 2003, 02:18
Hey Btljuice,

In that case Pete. make mine all silver, that means 4 silver stickers for me please (cash in hand).

cheers,
Thanks Bry

57mutant
May 9th 2003, 08:10
Hi
I'm in for a couple of silver ones.
Hmm, wonder how they will look on the Sienna?:D

petevw
May 9th 2003, 15:34
geeeezzz....you dont take a look one day then wham 2 pages and decisions are being made..

hey pete,

count me in for 2 transparent smokey black for my orange sled..
i suggest you get a couple more for others, that don't frequent this thread often. i bet you could get rid of them easily at a meet. like look at me almost missed the sticker opportunity.

these sticker can go on other cars? or just the aircooled cars conforming to the club "rules"?

thanks,
pete

noooo.... im not talking to myself!!

btljus
May 9th 2003, 16:30
I'm not sure if the SMOKEY ones will be avaliable...it all depends on who ends up making them! I don't mind making extras...but keep in mind that this is coming out of MY POCKET! so I don't want to be stuck with a bunch of stickers...

67ghiaTIV
May 10th 2003, 08:45
Hey guys, put me down for two silver please. I got my ghia on the road last night, now for the interior and the t4.

Take care,
Jamie

Sandeep
May 10th 2003, 11:06
Lets schedule a get togeather when the stickers are complete so we can pay Peter.

Lets pick a day with some sunshine ! And remember, I've already done my burnout .. (Oh ya, it was wet...)

Sandeep

btljus
May 12th 2003, 12:25
Hey Bry is it a big deal/job for your girlfriend to do the sticker in the abovementioned formats (one of them) otherwise this lady wants to charge and extra $20 for doing that...If we tack it onto all the stickers it wouldn't be too much more maybe $3 per sticker or something like that, the other rhing is I have to ask her if she's gonna add tax or just cash money :D Let me know, or if anyone alse can do it feel free.

btljus
May 13th 2003, 00:58
I just read my own post and thought it's maybe a bit confusing:rolleyes: What I meant by if anyone alse can do it feel free. is if anyone else can change the format of the sticker to Corel Draw or Adobe Illustrator format that way we wouldn't have to pay the extra $20 set up fee. If no one can do this than the $20 will be basically added to the $2.50 per sticer price so it might total somewhere in the $3.00 per sticker range which still isn't too bad and hopefully if I pay cash I won't have to pay tax.
Also the best thing for me would be If everyone e-mailed me with the colour and quantity that they want. Now keep in mind that the SMOKE colour may not be avaliable so have a second choice too. I don't mean for this to get more complicated but it probably will be :silly:
btljus68@hotmail.com just in case someone doesn't have it or know how to get it.

btljus
May 14th 2003, 22:25
I'm guessing that no one is as talented as Bry's gf. Not to worry, won't be necessary(to change the file type)...I found someone else to do them. Should know for sure on Thursday. But I need to know colours and quantities!!!!!!!!!!!:D I got one or 2 e-mails but that's it. Please e-mail me btljus68@hotmail.com and let me know. gotts to go and hit the :toilet:
no, no just kidding I just wanted to use this emoticon (smilies)
LOL

petevw
April 20th 2008, 23:02
I've dug up this page because:

Was at a TDI meet this weekend, and talked to the TDI sticker dude. Says he can do some custom work.

As much as i like my BoxerAutogruppe sticker on the quarter window, i think it's time to make some new ones with colour. I have the transparent smoked sticky, and it never gets noticed. Heck, i was washing the car last week, and ran over it with the sponge and had to give it a second look. Hmm what's this? ahhh the sticker. :o

So, i was going to inqure about making some more with some colour. What do you guys think?

Bry, do you still have the file you gave Pete (btljus)? Could you repost with some colour?

Pete

CLKWRK
April 21st 2008, 10:23
wow files from 5 years ago are gonna be hard to find, I might have to re create it from scratch.