PDA

View Full Version : Vkg Big Announcement!!!!!!!

zen
March 4th 2003, 16:53
you can't ask for a better start. we have members joining the VKG in the wings that will be announced in the next few days and....drum roll please.....we have our first sponsor. i doesn't get more appropriate than this. and it is....

Raby's Aircooled Technology (http://www.aircooledtechnology.com)

the VKG wants to give a huge thanks to Jake for the backing!!!!!!

we will be planning several things with Jake and he has been kind enough to offer discounts on his engines to VKG members. and i will be the first to take advantage of that one :D:wowwow: :haveadrin

if you are interested in joining the VKG, go to the VolkSport Käfer Gruppe (http://www.volksport.net) website.

Massive Type IV
March 4th 2003, 17:03
Can't wait to see what the future holds for the Germanlook here in the states.....Proud to sponsor ya!

vujade
March 4th 2003, 17:46
Glad to have you on board Jake!
I am with zen on this one, sign me up to :)

NO_H2O
March 4th 2003, 17:55
Thanks Jake, You Da Man
I think that the RAT Bus would look cool with some Turbo Twist Wheels, what do you think. Then we would have 2 GL busses in the club. Lets see the BK do that.:D

zen
March 4th 2003, 17:58
LOL :silly: :eek:

maybe they will get GL buses to tow their BK (tow-alongs) Cruizers.

Got chain?

Massive Type IV
March 4th 2003, 17:59
Been thinking about a GL 914!!!I already have the car and the Horsepower

NO_H2O
March 4th 2003, 18:03
Hey Jake, check this link.
http://knt.orbitaltec.net/bus-info2.htm

Germanvert
March 4th 2003, 19:09
Ill join but you guys gotta give me some time on getting myc ar up to snuff.

NO_H2O
March 4th 2003, 19:23
You can join with your car still in work. Hell you can join with a car in the planning stages. Go to www.volksport.net and sign up. There is a link to sign up.

Germanvert
March 4th 2003, 20:01
any meets in Alabama or west GA?

zen
March 4th 2003, 21:01
as we are spread over the SE, there won't be too many meets as you would expect. we chat once a month on gl.com (tomorrow night is the next, see the thread on that in this forum). there is a growing group of us in ATL (spread across the city) so we may start doing something here every now and then. we are playing it by ear this early. several of us are in the West GA chapter of the SEVWC also and get together out there when they meet.

jhelgesen
March 4th 2003, 22:09
Maybe we should plan on an annual meet, maybe before the SE Bug fair this year, pretty centralized location to everyone. (and close to our sponsor)

NO_H2O
March 4th 2003, 22:18
The camp out on Sat night before Bug Fair is a good time.

zen
March 4th 2003, 22:50
that may work. i hope to have my car there. we will see. and that is very central for everyone except florida. and then there is bug jam for the lower SE folks. i plan to make it there as well.

good idea. taccoa it is.

Wanzer74
March 4th 2003, 23:25
Hey if you all want to see my 914 2L conversion to my 74 Superbug here is my website : www.geocities.com/wanzer74/customvw

jhelgesen
March 4th 2003, 23:33
Zen,

How are you going to get both of your cars there? :)

Got the motor installed today, I'll get some pictures this week, try and get a short video file too, get them sent over. Engine looked pretty good on sunday when we hooked up the carbs.

Massive Type IV
March 4th 2003, 23:46
Perfect!!! Toccoa is a show I sponsor as the "presenter" thats awesome!

NO_H2O
March 5th 2003, 00:30
Wanzer74, nice car. Thanks for the post.

vujade
March 5th 2003, 04:05
Wanzer

you are welcome to join also.
I am the only Florida member right now.
We are having a monthly virtual meeting in the private VKG chat room here at GL.com tomorrow at 9pm.

zen
March 5th 2003, 08:07
Originally posted by Massive Type IV
Perfect!!! Toccoa is a show I sponsor as the "presenter" thats awesome!

yep. that will be very cool. i am going to be pushing hard to be ready by then. i will be piecing the car back together while you are building the engine. really hoping it is ready in time for the engine drop in and go. should be real tight on time. hopefully kathy will be up there to take some pics too. :D

Massive Type IV
March 5th 2003, 10:02
Cool, the engine will be done in time, guaranteed........You can even put it in my Corral filed with Horsepower at the show!

zen
March 5th 2003, 10:33
that'll be sweet. not worried about the engine being ready as much as i am the rest of the car. i will be working feverishly though. i have most things to get it back together already. just need new front and back windows (since it is a chop this gets a little creative), carpet, possibly upgrading the rear brakes already, shocks, sort out the electronics, wiper arms, and some time. think i have just about everything else.

vujade
March 5th 2003, 11:08
Jake

you better put me on that list too! :)
I wanna be right there with Zen at that show.

Put my money towards my deposit!!!

Massive Type IV
March 5th 2003, 11:25
Cool.....Okay, you are on the list! You have one month or so to think about what we will need to propose! Find the exact budget that you have and lets go from there!

zen
March 5th 2003, 12:22
woohoo! wanna race joe? glad you are going for it too.

raydog
March 6th 2003, 09:06
Hey, you guys need some powdercoating for them race cars or other things on your cars.

vujade
March 6th 2003, 10:09
Im sure most of us will need some sort of powder coating at some time or another

raydog
March 6th 2003, 10:40
I'd be glad to help anyone who needs it, ask Jake, I do work for him.

vujade
March 6th 2003, 11:52
thats cool, I've seen your work! You did my friend Zens 911 fan, it was real nice :)

Pillow
March 6th 2003, 14:38
Raydog, put some info about yourself in the VKG BBS area.

I think most of us need some PC services from time to time.

Alex
March 6th 2003, 15:30
:tisktisk: :tisktisk: :tisktisk:

For the future....no advertising in any of the forums.

To clarify some things.....we allow private people to advertise with us but they donate a part of what they make for our contests each year.

As an example .....Carbon Joe did it for the last contest and Martice will do it for the next contest.

Shop owners will have to pay the advertising fee.

Please use email or PMs to conduct or advertise business.

Alex

Pillow
March 6th 2003, 15:40
Raydog, the only solution here I see is open a merchants area BBS :)

I bet a lot of work would come your way as most shops I know of will not touch small volume items.