PDA

View Full Version : 915 question

lightning bug
March 4th 2003, 22:14
Is it possible at all to keep the torsion bar suspension with a 915 install in a 1303? THANKS!!

kdanie
March 5th 2003, 11:14
Yes, but your engine will be slightly to the rear of stock location. Even on my 902 installation the engine is about .5" farther aft. I did not grind on the nose cone or beat on the body.
ken

chigger
March 6th 2003, 12:14
Mine is right up against the torsion bar in front. Looks like it hangs to the rear alittle more than stock. Since I will be running a T4 needing custom tin, I am not worring about it. By the way this is a really big trans compared to the 901 or bug. I would go with the Kafer bars most definitely. With it and a T4 motor it will weight about 50 lbs more than stock. Since I hope to also pull a small camping trailer I will probably be going with a larger rear torsion bar.

lightning bug
March 6th 2003, 15:59
I'm using the 915 like I said and a T1 engine. Problem is I need all of the room I can get in the rear for my turbo set-up. Turbo and header will be behind the rear apron. Not to mention the dry sump pump will take up some room too. Im limited with space even with the rear fuel injection apron that I'm using. Anyway.......I think that the coilovers are the way Im going to go. When Oliver gets back from vacation, I will get some prices and info on Remmele rear coilovers and maybe fronts too. I've also found some other companies that can help me. Looks like Ill have to chop after all.