PDA

View Full Version : What about going to the next level....GermanLook TV over the web?

Alex
March 6th 2003, 16:10
We had this idea :silly: (Sorry John Plow for copying your idea) of creating GermanLook TV . Basically it would be a video from the Multimedia section of the main page. Each episode would be about 5-10 mins long and we would have 6 episodes per year.

Here is the problem though......
Sandeep and I do not have a digital camcorder and we do not know how to setup streaming.
So we need some :help: .
Either we find someone with a video camera in the GTA or we have to find a way to get some funds for a camera (Sponsors).

The streaming can be done some how....just have to find the info.

Tell me what you think......

Alex

Sandeep
March 7th 2003, 09:41
I'm looking into this in my spare time to try and understand what we need to pull this off from a programming point of view.

Sandeep

vujade
March 7th 2003, 10:14
sounds cool

what kind of info would be on the tv show?

jhelgesen
March 7th 2003, 11:17
I'd like show coverage, or video of selected members cars.

Car's in action

Parts installations

dyno runs from Jakes!

Maybe I should set up a web cam in the shop for the 61 build?

Sandeep
March 7th 2003, 11:28
I'll eventually get a digital camcorder and I'll be taking video of my escapades on the racetrack and autocross.

We'd hope to take video of tech installs as well, carshows and such.

Sandeep

Wally
March 9th 2003, 17:33
Very exciting! Like it. Hope my computer can keep up with video...
Walter

Alex
May 8th 2003, 20:36
Some news on GermanLook TV:

It is going to happen.......very soon.
I ordered a MinDV Camcorder (need it for the kid anyways).
Now I will have to start looking into video editing. Piece of cake....hopefully.

It should become more professional after a couple of episodes :D.

Alex

Sandeep
May 9th 2003, 09:36
Alex,

I'm going to get a miniDV camcorder as well .. I'm still looking at options but will need one before August !

So I can take video as well. Not sure what software comes with the cameras though ?

This will definately allow us to take this to the next level.

Sandeep

CLKWRK
May 9th 2003, 09:55
hello,
I like that idea, we can edit it and polish it off with adobe premiere, I have used this program before, It looks very professional. Shuzz is a sound wizard, and i can help with directing, shot selection, camera work, lighting etc.
Back in my sheridan animation days i made a couple of art films, it was alot of fun.
Bry

Alex
May 9th 2003, 11:28
GermanLook TV here we come!
I will have tons of material from Germany.

I have software at home. It is good to get the MiniDV camcorder in the US Sandeep...about 25% cheaper than Canada.
I got mine shipped from the US.

Alex