PDA

View Full Version : Questions about brens ride

bren
January 1st 1970, 00:00

Superman
August 19th 2002, 11:55
How's the 'black-out" treatment going? Did it turn out well? Any pics?

Sandeep
August 27th 2002, 22:56
Hey Bren,

I noticed that the images are not coming up when you upload them....are you uploading jpg's ?

Please me your images and I will manualy input them into the database.....not sure why this is not working for you ....

Sandeep

bren
August 28th 2002, 10:50
as i said on the blackout thread, time is not on my side.. aside from work, all my friends have demanded my time lately, so i havent finished blacking out all the trim, so no recent pics.. sandeep.. ill email you the jpegs in a minute.. i cant figure out why they dont appear? they are all RGB jpegs that have been on web pages before at some point.. very strange?!

alfiebug
September 22nd 2002, 12:05
What are using to black your trim out Bren. Still not sure whether I want to do it or not. If I don't the cups will have to be painted body colour and if I do they will go black hmm...decisions decisions. Red carbon bits....Nice!

bren
September 24th 2002, 07:00
so far ive had success with satin finish smoothrite in aerosols... i spent a long, long time keying up the side trim though, im happy that it will last, i dropped one section onto the road as i was fitting it up (foool!!) and it just bounced, no scratches or anything! ...not so sure how im gonna do the rear bumper though, the only decnt one i have is chromed, and keying it up is gonna be tough! front bumper is sorted already though, i have one from a jeans beetle thats already satin black.. its a bit scratched though, so ill blow it over.. before i fit it i intend to weld some kind of home brewed steel chin spoiler to it. im either going to cut sections from a scrap bonnet to make a sculptured spoiler, or ill just weld some flat sheet under it that will follow the curve of the bumper with a small plastic trim from a scrap modern car at the bottom... the latter seems easy option right now!

dont tell me youve caught the carbon fibre bug too????!!!! :rolleyes:

alfiebug
September 24th 2002, 17:18
That carbon stuff is just soooooooooooo sweet!

Just had my tax bill through which unfortunately has put pay to any cf purchase in the near future.....ARSE! Still might buy some cf running boards though...and a dash bit!!!!! The headlight rims and bumpers are going body colour and the 16" cups and trim WILL be black - got a guy in Kent who can powder coat quite cheap.

The insides of my bumpers are done with smoothrite aerosol and they are still sound after a year of weather and M25 - good stuff that. Can't wait to see Eurobug in its new guise!!

Alfie didn't quite make it onto the quality daily driver scene this year but should be sorted for Detling next year. Funkin engine trouble all year with one thing or another stuffed all my hopes of big wheels and sharp brakes. Got the wheels now and saving for Kerscher brakes so all should be well for the new year.....and now I'm just babbling on about my car when I should really be talking about yours.

Nice ride fella. Always was and certainly always will be.

bren
September 25th 2002, 06:42
cheers buddy :D know what you mean re; the money thing.. im begging stealing and borrowing to scrape together the cash for my next lot of carbon fibre... supposed to be saving for a house.. missus wont be pleased!! ;)

TitoRay
October 12th 2002, 03:52
Oh..."The trouble and strife..." :D