PDA

View Full Version : Reference Section

lightning bug
March 19th 2003, 21:49
What about a reference section. It could list specs and info such as gear ratios, engine/trans. codes, brake and other part #'s, wheel offsets etc. It could probably cut down on some forum traffic. Just an idea.

Superman
March 19th 2003, 23:14
I'm sure this post is because of the confusion in the suspension and brakes forums. Last night I took the time to make up a chart for part numbers and sent it to Sandeep this morning so it should be posted soon or you can see it on my site here...

www.superbeetlesonly.com/suspension/bremsenkraft/partnumbers.html (http://www.superbeetlesonly.com/suspension/bremsenkraft/partnumbers.html)

lightning bug
March 20th 2003, 17:53
I wasn't really referring to anything in particular. I mean, wheel offset questions come up alot. Gear ratios are always good to know as are engine codes. Not literally everything, obviously, can't be included, but answers to the more common questions. I remember seeing, for instance, torsion bar rates listed somewhere in the site. But God forbid, the search goes down..... you know the rest. Look at the STF. Your chart is exactly what I'm talking about. Nice work!! I'll admit, I get a little lazy sometimes and submit a post without searching first, bad habit. But like I said, this section may cut down on unneccessary forum traffic. Thanks Supe!!

Superman
April 1st 2003, 01:24
I just noticed that the front and rear calipers for the 944NA are listed as the same part number. The book I got these numbers from must be wrong, at least in that reference because the calipers differ for front and rear. I'll update/fix it as I get info.