PDA

View Full Version : rear apron

lightning bug
March 19th 2003, 22:00
I'm interested in the rear apron, FI style with the holes drilled in it as seen in the galleries. I also saw it on someone's car in the reader's rides.

http://www.germanlook.com/Html/GallerySearch/ViewImage.php?ImageFile=0061.jpg

Can I purchase this or is it custom? This apron would be perfect for my turbo install. THANKS!!

Wally
March 20th 2003, 03:27
Julian,
As far as I'am aware, its a custum made apron. Looks like the car is in the Remmele shop.
Turbo install? By chance a type 4 turbo? Would you want to install the turbo under that apron then? Where to leave all the pipework of the header?? That must be tricky.
Tell us all.
Thanks,
Walter

lightning bug
March 20th 2003, 18:05
Well I kinda figured it may be custom, but I saw it on another car in the member's rides. Still not to say its not custom. No, its a T1 2276 turbo. I'll be using a hideaway header. I'm still not sure about the CB header as I don't like the way the intake pipe crosses over the header. I guess there's not much you can do w/limited space. Plus it has to clear my dry sump pump. I might end up making my own. It'll fit with a FI apron. To drain the oil back to the case from the turbo, I'll use a pump to pump it back to the distributor hole, fuel pump hole etc. I'll know more once its installed.