PDA

View Full Version : First VKG Club Outing...

vujade
March 25th 2003, 10:20
Well guys, Jacksonville is this Sunday. Zen & I will be representing VKG. We are supposed to be hooking up with Kathy Jacobs while we are there.

It should be a blast. The show is right near the beach. It should be Sunny skies & warm weather if it is anything like this past weekend here in Florida.

I am definitely looking forward to it. I wish some of you other VKG guys could make it to, that would be cool.

On a diiferent note, I should have the VKG promotional business cards by Friday. Zen will bring a bunch back with him to Georgia for the rest of you guys.

NO_H2O
March 26th 2003, 07:37
I wish I could be there. I will be getting another VW on the road this week. The blue 71 is getting an engine today(used 1600dp).
I'm sure you and Zen will represent us well. The cards sound cool. Have a blast and good luck at the swap meet.

jhelgesen
March 26th 2003, 09:50
NO-H20,

We'll just have to take rule the N S shootout. :)

I'll be there with the blue mexi for sale, hope to see your ride there.

NO_H2O
March 26th 2003, 10:07
I will be at N vs S. See ya there.

vujade
March 26th 2003, 10:39
I would like to go to N vs S, but am not sure if I can make it. :(

vujade
March 28th 2003, 14:26
We're gearing up for Jax on Sunday.
Packing our bags & doing the last minute errands.
We will be leaving tomorrow morning and staying with some friends in Jax.

Hopefully the rain holds out on Sunday, beause it should be a pretty good show.

NO_H2O
March 28th 2003, 15:03
Do us proud. I hope the rain holds off for you too.

vujade
March 28th 2003, 17:06
I hope so too.

There is also going to be a cruise in Sat Nite at Hooters! :D

vujade
March 31st 2003, 09:53
Well after having almost summer like weather on Saturday,
it rained all morning on Sunday til almost Noon which brought
the tempature down into the 50's,,,,brrrr.

The show had a decent turnout considering the weather, about
a 100 show cars I believe.

I hooked up with Zen about 10am on Sunday morning.
We walked around with Umbrellas til about lunch time, then went
to BK for lunch until the rained stopped completely.

The rest of the afternoon was rainfree but very chilly to say the
least, especially since I wore shorts & a tshirt. :eek:

In the end, a funtime was had by all. Now we just have to wait
and see if Zen won any trophies for his Passat. I left before they
gave away the H2O trophies.

NO_H2O
March 31st 2003, 17:35
Well at least it cleared up for you and some people came out for the show. How has the swap meet?

vujade
April 1st 2003, 08:54
Very limited to say the least. There were a couple of used parts
vendors, 1 toy vender, a tshirt vendor & a decal vendor.
Didnt really see too much at all. Maybe next year.

Btw, it is an excellent location right on the beach. If it had been
a sunny warm day, it would have been an excellent show.
Hopefully next year the weather will be better.

zen
April 1st 2003, 10:28
very good show considering the weather. the passat got 2nd place. the jetta won class. and a very nice jetta is was. can't say i care all that much about placing as i didn't build the car. so the only pride is in owning it.

now more on the car and the weekend. GREAT weather Saturday, then...what a change. 10-20mph gusts, rain, and 50's for the whole show except the last 10 mintes...literally.

so i go to cut out of the parking lot and...sputter....sputter. my coil goes out. so much for modern technology. 18k miles on the thing. BUT, thank god for modern programs. VW towed it 30 miles for free. fixed it first thing Monday morning under warrantee. the dealer didn't even say a thing about the modifications. and only lost a couple of hours from getting out of town and back to ATL.

BUT!!!! i am 2 hours outside of JAX and POP!!!! their is something sticking above my hood that shouldn't be there. i will have to get pics, but my ABD grill is sticking staight up. ??? pull over and somehow the bottom of the grill must have caught air or something and lifted itself out of the airdamn, snapped in half and stuck straigh up. had to rip it off of the front end and carry on.

then a 2 hour back ofr 5 miles in the middle of nowwhere.

other than that, a great trip. at least i am not in iraq. can't complain. thank god or whoever for our troops.

vujade
April 1st 2003, 12:30
man that sucks Zen.
Glad that you made it home safe though :)

Pillow
April 2nd 2003, 11:50
Zen, I guess that water cooler has to go then :)

zen
April 2nd 2003, 12:38
it's the wife's car :). she would have it no other way. she hated driving my 912. the one area in life that she just doesn't understand me.

vujade
April 2nd 2003, 12:42
do they ever really understand our obsessions? :silly:

zen
April 25th 2003, 11:26
Originally posted by zen
BUT!!!! i am 2 hours outside of JAX and POP!!!! their is something sticking above my hood that shouldn't be there. i will have to get pics, but my ABD grill is sticking staight up. ??? pull over and somehow the bottom of the grill must have caught air or something and lifted itself out of the airdamn, snapped in half and stuck straigh up. had to rip it off of the front end and carry on.

well i finally got off my butt and contacted ABD Racing about the grill. without hestiation (or even prompting on my part, which would have been forthcoming) they offered to replace it for free minus the paintwork. $200 item that was over a year old. can't argue with that kind of service. thought i would pass on a good word for them. go spend some money there if you have a water-pumper. i hear they have also extended their products to Audi and MB.