PDA

View Full Version : Questions about verts ride

vert
January 1st 1970, 00:00

MattKab
August 19th 2002, 15:41
Hi, how long have you been modding your Karmann? Sounds fantastic!

vert
August 19th 2002, 16:02
Hey thanks, yeah its lookin pretty mean alright. I have the wiring and the stereo install left to do plus just finishing off odd bits and pieces and then i'll be ready to fire the motor. Its been a 6.5 year project so far.

MattKab
August 19th 2002, 16:29
Very inspiring!

I have similar aspirations and have given myself 10 years to get near where you are now. Only 9 to go!

Keep up the good work,

You da man

vert
August 19th 2002, 19:59
If only you could have seen what i started with! The car was the biggest pile of junk you ever layed eyes on LOL! One of the reasons why its taken so long and ofcourse i don't have a money tree growing in the yard hahaha!
Still its getting close now maybe another 6-9 months, when its finished i plan on doing a full feature for the site because its been built as a showcar and is as new underneath as on top with a lot of effort on attention to detail. Is yours a US spec car too??

MattKab
August 20th 2002, 14:12
Yeah, it's a November '79. It was brought to the UK in '91 with 34k miles on it from sunny California. I bought it last summer with 38k miles! It's all original and very complete. I've done all the work bar the RHD conversion and the "ONE DAY RESPRAY". It's the best thing in the world to me. My sixth Bug, all the others were 70's torsion bar Bugs that got the full lower 8" replacement treatment. I got it right in the end, but never again!!!!

My MAG welder is just for fabricating now, which I prefer.

I'm starting to build a T1 cooled 2.0 T4 with K-jet this week, should be fun. My first T4.

Any chance I'll see your car in the UK when it's done? ;)

My kinda motor for sure

hot66
August 20th 2002, 18:28
Originally posted by MattKab

Hi, how long have you been modding your Karmann? Sounds fantastic!

sorry to butt in, but where are the details on Verts car?

vert
August 20th 2002, 19:39
The specs on the car are in the members rides section on Germanlook.com

vert
August 29th 2002, 19:18
Finally souced the injectors for the motor today so firing the beast up won't be too far away:silly: Have to get the thing on a dyno to set the haltech up-easyer than tuning it on the road.
Once the car is finished i want to do a full feature for the site