PDA

View Full Version : Change in plans, again

jhelgesen
April 7th 2003, 11:26
Hey Guys, had plenty of time to watch bugs go by and think while I was trying to sell parts on Sunday. Made two decisions, I don't want to build a 59 GL, and I do want to build a 356 kit car GL.

I remember seeing some euro look 356's in my volks worlds, have to dig them up. I'm gonna take all my suspension stuff from the bug project and transfer it to a 356. Light car, big brakes on porsche hubs and wheels.

Want to make it as race like as I can for the street. We'll see what happens. :)

I'm gonna post my stuff I don't need on the for sale section, you guys get first dibs on any of it.

Oh yeah, if there are any Porsche bits you guys are looking for, I'm going to the big Porsche swapmeet April 26th in Hershey, I can try and find anything you guys need.

zen
April 8th 2003, 08:50
how could you? :tisktisk:

i went through the same thoughts a couple of years back. i didn't have the money for it then though. i will probably be heading that way on the next project, whenever that is. that or i really would like a GL 356 couple. like this approach...

jhelgesen
April 8th 2003, 09:02
I found the picture I wanted last night, I'll post it today.

Should be easy, got the 944 suspension and pan to work on till I find the right deal on a body. CF and aluminum interior, 911 gauges, 16" porsche cup rims. I have all the parts, just need the body.

vujade
April 8th 2003, 09:28
I always thought this was hot!

jhelgesen
April 8th 2003, 09:46
Originally posted by vujade
I always thought this was hot!

Yep, thats what I want.

Pillow
April 8th 2003, 11:23
So are we moving to the VKG kit car gruppe :) LOL

I still need to clean out my garage so I can get another project... Arg!!!

jhelgesen
April 8th 2003, 12:52
Knew I could find that picture.

vujade
April 13th 2003, 08:34
so are you still looking for a Speedster?

jhelgesen
April 13th 2003, 08:51
sure am, but cheap. :)

jhelgesen
April 14th 2003, 09:41
Dooh, 62 panel deal didn't work. Still working on a speedster.

59 rag can go to a good home cheap!

zen
April 14th 2003, 13:22
Originally posted by jhelgesen
Dooh, 62 panel deal didn't work. Still working on a speedster.

there are always tons on ebay in differing qualities and conditions. i guess you know all of the normal places to look. you should hit up Kathy for a note in the SEVWC newsletter (she is finalizing today) and maybe ask around in the SE forum on Shoptalk.

jhelgesen
April 14th 2003, 13:54
good plan, already sent her something on the ragtop and other stuff.

jhelgesen
April 16th 2003, 09:35
Damn, l love the web, sold 2 cars in one night last night, 59 and the 74, and closed a deal for a 2.0 for my camper bus.

Now onto the next projects, the 356 GL, and how should I transform the 73 camper to GL, (I do have a set of 6x15 fuchs, but I really need to sell them).

I can at least get started on the pan for the 356, build the front and rear, have to wait on the tranny though, will have to shorten the pan, but don't know by how much.

zen
April 16th 2003, 12:26
congrats. love it when that stuff happens.

jhelgesen
April 16th 2003, 13:21
Shoot, I should go buy lottery tickets. My first pair of 17" 993 wheels showed up today for the 911, they look awsome!

I must be doing something right.

Now to just have someone give me a 356 body, I'll be in heaven. :)

jhelgesen
April 20th 2003, 18:20
On again off again. First it was sold, then it wasn't. Got someone coming for a test drive tonight.

Got a line on a new car, not a 356, but is a vert and in my price range (cheap). Think it's a 71 super vert, got a flat windshield. I should know tonight if I can pick it up. Definitly will be GL.

zen
April 20th 2003, 18:36
lol. make up your mind. i did spread the news around my dad's 356 club for you looking for a kit. they are all purists though, so i don't expect much there.

sorry to here the sale fell through.

jhelgesen
April 21st 2003, 00:12
Well, got a deposit in hand, sounds sold to me.

Vert is coming to my house too.

Anyone have a spare 71 super bug hood?