PDA

View Full Version : Boxer AG Meeting on the 30th of April in Oakville

Alex
April 10th 2003, 20:31
Hi everyone,

we will have our first meeting on the 30th of April in Oakville at the Duck and Firkin (or so) at Ford Drive and Royal Windsor at 7:30 PM.

Directions:

Coming from TO on QEW:
Exit at Ford Drive and go south (left) on Ford Drive.
Stay on Ford Drive until you pass Royal Windsor. The bar is on your right in that little strip mall.

Coming from Hamilton on QEW:
Exit at Royal Windsor and follow the street. You will pass the Ford plant on your left. Once you get to Ford Drive make a right. you will see the bar on your right hand side.

Coming from Brampton on 403:
Exit at Upper Middle Road/ Ford Drive. Make a right on Upper Middle Road. At the next light make a left on Ford Drive. Continue on Ford Drive until you pass Royal Windsor. You will see the bar on your right.

The bar is located on the other site of the Petro Canada gas station which is located on the south/east corner of Ford Drive and Royal Windsor.

Hope to see you all there.
Let us know if you can not make it.

Alex

Alex
April 15th 2003, 09:06
Is somebody going to be there except for me?

Alex

Rob
April 15th 2003, 09:11
:D

I'm still planning on going, and I thought Sandeep was going to be there as well ?

Rob.

Alex
April 15th 2003, 09:34
I am just worried that if nobody replies the others might think that nobody will be there.

See you there,

Alex

Sandeep
April 15th 2003, 09:38
I'll be there with my bug .. if I ever get this muffler problem figured out.

Hell, even if I don't .. I'll STILL drive it there !

Sandeep

petevw
April 16th 2003, 00:43
i'll be there,

is there a Leaf game on the 30th planned, after they get by philly??

later,
pete

BWE
April 20th 2003, 22:48
Hello Everyone!
Can I come on the 30th?
Can anyone give me some info on the BoxerAG?
Thanks,
Dave

Alex
April 20th 2003, 23:04
Sure you can come...the more the better.

BoxerAG is GTA based GermanLook AC VW club.
Actually it is brand new and will discuss a lot at the meeting I hope.

A club website is being worked on.

Hope to see you there,

Alex

petevw
April 23rd 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by petevw
i'll be there,

is there a Leaf game on the 30th planned, after they get by philly??

later,
pete

NO Leaf game......

see you guys on wed.

pete

67ghiaTIV
April 27th 2003, 07:38
Hey guys, I would love to see you cars on wednesday.
Who is driving their vw?
Hey Sandeep do you have a passenger seat in the yellow beast?

Hope to see you there, but what time?

Take Care
Jamie

Sandeep
April 27th 2003, 11:20
Hey Jamie !

Glad you could make it. I'll be driving there, got a passenger seat, but I'll be going to Oakville directly from work.

We're meeting at 7:30pm

I'm trying to get some new rear tires today ... cooked a 165/80 on the weekend :D :D :D

Sandeep

petevw
April 28th 2003, 09:24
i'm going to fire up my beast tonight on the stinger. i hope the neighbors dont call the cops. its going to be really loud until i put on the muffler (tommorrow). if i can get insurance and the brakes are fine i'll be driving on wed.

later,
pete

Sandeep
April 29th 2003, 08:40
Hey All,

Here's some ideas that we should discuss at the meeting:

It would be cool to be able to get some stickers made. Bryan has a KICK A$$ logo and I'd like one for my car !

We should also finalize the website. I'm talking a simple one here to begin with .. minimum requirements would be a registration page where people can register with us. This would get you a sticker for your car. We should also come up with some 'Loose Rules' / Requirements for joining our club.

Just some thoughts ....

See you Wednesday.

Sandeep

Rob
April 29th 2003, 10:31
I like the sticker idea !
I can also help out with the website. Although I am by no means a webwizard, I can build a basic website.

I hope the bug makes it all the way to the meet, although I won't drive it if it rains. (Too many open trimholes :mad: ).

Can some one email me their cell number ? I'm not too sure about the reliability of the engine :rolleyes:

(bugmeister@cogeco.ca)

I'll bring the digicam so we can shoot a couple pics of our first meeting !

Rob.

Alex
April 30th 2003, 09:58
Do not forget!!!!

The meeting will be this evening @ 7:30PM in Oakville.
Directions are in the first post.

Alex
:haveadrin

Rob
April 30th 2003, 13:26
I'll be there !

But I don't think I'll drive the bug......it's going to rain :mad:

Rob

Sandeep
May 1st 2003, 09:20
Hey guys,

Nice to meet everyone last night ... didn't realize we'd have such a large turnout (10 people I think ?)

Hope I didn't embarass our club too bad with my burnout attempt !

Need to tune those 44's this weekend badly :D

Sandeep

Rob
May 1st 2003, 09:42
Hey Sandeep,

I don't think anybody can complain, since you were the only one with a Bug out there :o

Looked like you had quite a bit of wheelhop, gotta get that swaybar and kaferbrace in there......

I took a couple pics, do you want me to email them to you so you can post them on the website ?

Rob.

Sandeep
May 1st 2003, 11:07
Yikes !

Rob,

You can email me the pics to ssyan@digitalminds.ca

Sandeep

Alex
May 1st 2003, 16:03
Guys,

I had lots of fun. I think the meeting was a huge success. It was good to see everybody and to put faces to forum names.

We should do that once in a while and maybe use the chat at other times.

Nice power drift Sandeep. Your carbs need some attention though and a Cup brace is definately needed.

Alex

petevw
May 3rd 2003, 12:15
had a good time, meeting all of you. hope we can get together again and often.

sandeep, take your car to steve at KNT. he is awesome syncing/setting up carbs. you wont be dissapointed.

for example,

on wed. i fired up my car. ran it in for 20 min. then he let it idle and reved a couple times to set up throttle bodies. in about 15 min he had it idling pretty good all by ear!!
i went to his shop the following day to get the airflow meter dual carb sync tool, to dial it in. got back home, threw it on the TB's and in the meter cylinder #1 was flowing just a little more than the rest. the other 3 were dead on.
again all done by ear!!
with my all cammed out, straight gear, flowmastered motor.

in my books he's the man to set up your carbs. he's done many 911's and vdubs.

later,
pete

CLKWRK
May 3rd 2003, 12:41
Hey all,

I have to agree with petevw, have him set up your carbs for you. It will only take a few minites and your car will run nicely.

Bry:D