PDA

View Full Version : Bug-A-Palooza, who's going?

zen
April 11th 2003, 08:42
i a planning on being there. won't be showing the Passat since its got a broken nose. i may bring the 944 though. is the show saturday or sunday? forgot to look.

vujade
April 11th 2003, 09:29
where is Bug A Palooza?
and when is it?

zen
April 11th 2003, 10:08
April 26th & 27th in Chattanooga, TN. that is about 1.5 hours north of ATL. i have never been but i hear great things about the show. go here for info...

http://www.volksfolks.org/

craigt-from-atl
April 11th 2003, 12:10
Originally posted by zen
April 26th & 27th in Chattanooga, TN. that is about 1.5 hours north of ATL. i have never been but i hear great things about the show. go here for info...

http://www.volksfolks.org/

The site wasn't too clear; is the show both days?

zen
April 11th 2003, 12:56
no they are not. that is why i was confused. no_h20 has been there before. i think pillow also. maybe one of them can clarify. i believe it is sunday though.

craigt-from-atl
April 11th 2003, 13:48
Yeah, I'll most likely go. My grandmother lives in Chat. and I could be a good grandson and visit her! :)

I think I convinced my Dad to go also. He's coming to Atlanta that weekend, and can go if the show is on Sunday. He doesn't have any dubs, but he's looking for an early bus.

NO_H2O
April 11th 2003, 17:03
I'm going. I think my family is going too. Here is a link to the site. http://www.volksfolks.org there are directions and info, it is a 2 day show, you can camp or get a hotel very close. Look forward to seeing ya'll there.

zen
April 14th 2003, 21:47
i will probably be up sunday. not sure i can make it saturday. i talked to a local guy named bert today that is hunting around for the right club to hang with. he may come up on sunday as well. bert's wife works for the french chef with the speedster carrera that is jake's customer.

zen
April 25th 2003, 11:22
looks like dave is set to go EARLY saturday morning. i will be slightly behind due to my daughters soccer game. should be up there a little after noon. probably hanging for the weekend.

anyone else going?

vujade
April 25th 2003, 14:24
cant make it...:(

craigt-from-atl
April 25th 2003, 16:41
I'll be up there Sunday at some point. I'm gonna try to get there early.

Does everyone going want to meet up at some point to say 'hello?'

zen
April 25th 2003, 17:08
yep. dave (no_h20) will be showing his car (black 1302) so we can always hook up around there. he has red hair and always has sunglasses on :D. i will be the bald guy telling my 3 year old son to get out of all of the cars. check out volksport.net for a pic of dave's car.

look forward to meeting you craig.

craigt-from-atl
April 27th 2003, 01:33
Ok, I'll look for Dave's car then! See you then!

craigt-from-atl
April 27th 2003, 19:43
Well, I didn't get there early. :) Got there around 2. (I think some kind of sound-off was going on) Found Dave's car, but didn't find Dave. Only later did I realize that he may have been sitting a car or two over under a tent. Were you over there Dave? :)

So sorry I missed you guys. I hope we can meet up later. Saw some pretty cool cars there though.

NO_H2O
April 27th 2003, 20:21
Yep I was under the tent behind the orange oval and the white Ghia at the time of the sound off. Sorry I missed you. Had a great time at the show.

NO_H2O
April 27th 2003, 20:59
Again I drove Smack Black to the show, won 1st place in class, had a great time and drove her home. This time Kathy shot the car for VW Trends. Got to hang out with Zen for a while and had some good, long conversations with a couple of people who are either planning or building GL's.
I guess I will start to get ready for C-Y-W next weekend.

:D :D :D

vujade
April 28th 2003, 07:43
Congrats Dave on both the class win & being the first VKG member into VWTrends.

Make sure Kathy mentions VKG in the article!

NO_H2O
April 28th 2003, 09:38
You know I will plug the VKG, that go without saying. I wish I could have had a window sticker on and the big engine(with a 911 fan) in it.:rolleyes:

zen
April 28th 2003, 09:41
yea. sorry i didn't catch up with you either craig. did meet up with dave for a few and sorry i bailed on you too dude. remember i said i felt like i was coming down with something? well i was. i spent the night in the hotel room with a raging fever. stomach virus.

i beared through the aquarium for my kids the next morning and then headed home. have only been able to eat once in the past 60+ hours. this sucks.

was a good show though. lots of nice cars. only 2 GL (Dave's and one other).