PDA

View Full Version : Euro bumpers question

LOAF
April 22nd 2003, 16:04
I am currently rebuilding my 78 vert.. I have the following simple question..
Is the earlier eurobumper/mexibeetle bumper with turn signals integrated into the bumper the same curvature as the 78..
I bought one of the MARTIN "Underspoilers" to put on my 78. After pricing around for rechroming and powder coating.. It seems cheaper to buy CF bumpers or Mexibeetle bumpers.. I don't want to lose out on using the new underspoiler I just got..
Any suggestions appreciated..

Thanks..
ALex

Superman
April 23rd 2003, 15:27
All the 68-73 (USA spec) and 68-present (Euro/Mexi) bumpers are the same, Super or not. The USA spec 74-79 bumpers are indeed shaped the same but just thicker and more reinforced.

I can't tell you if what you want to put together will work, you may have to change to early model bumper brackets (and fenders) because of those long "shock" bumper mounts on the late car.

However, to simply answer your question, yes all the bumpers are shaped the same (front/front or rear/rear, but not front/rear).

LOAF
April 23rd 2003, 15:42
Superman.. BTW waiting for spindles in the mail.. excited.. Definitely the easiest of routes..
Also I was told that the vert bumbers were of different shape in the rear.. Is this true.. I have a vert..
Alex

Superman
April 23rd 2003, 16:10
The bumpers are the same, regardless of Super or Standard & regardless of Sedan or Vert. 68-73, 74-79... all same (USA).