PDA

View Full Version : Holy Fak !!

Sandeep
April 22nd 2003, 20:26
ITS ALIVE !!!!!!!!!!! :D

I took the bug out for the first drive this evening !!! I don't know why I had that type 1 for so long .. this stock engine is amazing.

2.0 Type 4 stock (GA code) with 44 IDF's, BAS Header, Dynomax Super Turbo 2 1/2" muffler and Fat 911 cooling.

I"M A BELIEVER !!!!! This thing is crazy ... It sounds a bit loud to my liking, not sure if its the carbs or the muffler. WHO CARES !!!

The 911 Fan sounds incredible ... its got this amazing whining sound .. reminds me of a 911 :rolleyes:

I can't believe the acceleration in all gears .. this car LOVES third gear. Any people are right when they say you don't need 1st to start... You DONT !

I tried some drag race starts but the car just kept popping out of first .. so I wont try that again.

I got the car up to 5000 rpm in third and got scared so I backed off... I DEFINATELY need some suspension tuning or an alignment. The car will keep accelerating until I take my foot off the gas pedal.

I didn't have the guts to check the speedo so not sure how fast I was going. Didn't want to take my eyes off the road.

The oil temps got to about 140 degrees and the oil pressure was at 40 psi, cylinder head temps were fluctuating between 350 deg and 150 deg... 350 when I stepped on it.

I think the people who are getting into a 2270cc engine are CRAZY :silly: I'd crap my pants of I went from a 1600cc into a 2270cc.

Definately need to tune the chassis and the suspension .. the car is too unstable for me .. funny how I could throw it around with the 1600cc type 1 but not this engine.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MEETING IN OAKVILLE

Anyone who wants a ride when we are there is welcome !

Oh yeah .. one other thing .. the drum brakes are USELESS with this engine .. I have the Porsche binders and wheels/tires in the basement but no cashola left for the fenders I need to complete :( Oh well .. theres always winter 2003 !!

Sandeep

Alex
April 22nd 2003, 20:31
Me Me Me Me please......I want a ride.

Alex

vujade
April 22nd 2003, 20:33
sounds incredible. Im so jealous....:D

oval55
April 23rd 2003, 01:49
Hey , great to here that its on the road. I have put my 55 on the back burner and decided to get my 69 back on the road. Have 18's sitting by the car, Brembos in boxes inside the car, and money burning a hole in my pocket but no time to put things together.
Im jealous of you guys that have been driving your cars, I have had this beetle for 22 years, restored for at least 20 and now I want to do it right, and drive it.
Ill go for a ride, if you come to Calgary! :D
Great to here the inspiring news. Darren

judgie
April 23rd 2003, 06:37
hello
this is just the sort of post i was looking for .basic 2ltr and a reaction like your's,just what i needed to make my get on with mine.good luck m8.
rob

oasis
April 23rd 2003, 06:41
That's fantastic! I'm very happy for you, and found your report very informative for me.

Continued good luck,
René

Rob
April 23rd 2003, 09:27
Way to go Sandeep !
Looking forward to a ride in that monster Wednesday !!

Rob.

Sandeep
April 23rd 2003, 09:36
I can't wait to get home after work to try it again !

This is the same feeling I had when I got off my 125cc shifter kart after each race. Excited but looking forward to pushing the car a little harder each time to get used to the new engine.

No oil leaks yet and I'll try and keep an eye on temps to see how the cooling is working out.

I haven't even tuned the carbs yet .. stock jetting for a 914 2.0 out of the box. Hope to do that this weekend.

Sandeep :D :D :D

petevw
April 23rd 2003, 11:27
Sandeep

great to hear its all running.

there "might" be another 911 fan whining in the lot.........
heehee

later,
pete

zen
April 23rd 2003, 13:13
congrats. that is great news!!!!!

i am getting to impatient. and have almost made up my mind about that brake swap. it is almost a have to considering the HP i will be looking at.

glad to hear you are having fun.

NO_H2O
April 23rd 2003, 15:59
Sounds cool. I wish I had a 2L in mine. Someday soon I will.

TitoRay
April 25th 2003, 18:56
Jealousy...:rolleyes:
Thats a complete understatement!!:D Congrats!