PDA

View Full Version : intakes

kra710
August 18th 2002, 20:27
I have a 77 bus with a 2.0 fuel injected motor. I would like to know where i could find a performance intake or ahow i could rig one up myself. what about the vaccumlines that run to the existing airbox? any suggestions? thanks

Oliver Knuf
August 19th 2002, 06:44
At first, another question! Why doing that? A RAM or full-flow or whatever manifold wouldn't help to get more hp than stock, mostly it won't work even like stock. What do you plan to build?

kra710
August 19th 2002, 22:57
Well i guess i want to get the most of my 2.0 without having to rebuild it yet. Its running great, im just trying to squeeze a few hp from the pretty standard engine, uintil i can get enough money for the engine swap.

kra710
August 19th 2002, 23:00
i was planning on running a custom made aluminum tube from the air sensor to a k&n filter. What do you guys use for intakes on fuel injected beetles??

Oliver Knuf
August 21st 2002, 03:45
I think, that you don't receive anything more from your engine, but if you want to give it a try, how do you want to manage the butterfly part, because you can make it bigger, but you can't change to 4 butterflys without heavy management-re-configurations. There comes the next problem. The original black box is truly problematic to tune. Give it a try, but it makes no real sense to do that kind of tuning job.

Tony Z
August 23rd 2002, 15:46
If you want to get the most out of your engine without really changing it, try changing the exhaust for a decent one, its gotta be easier than making a new type of inlet system. Why not try an 050 dizzy while you are at it??? Over and out

Oliver Knuf
August 24th 2002, 05:20
That was short, Tony. where are you at the moment? In which part of the world is your ship?

Btw, Tony is right. Use other things than changing something on the intake side, besides a non-restrictive air-filter. Other changes there are not senseful.