PDA

View Full Version : Done already!

jhelgesen
May 4th 2003, 17:20
Had a busy weekend, had to get the car finished.

Zen, can you put this on the club site? This is the plan for the car.

http://members.rennlist.com/screamin_yellow/71%20vert%20small.jpg

Maybe you could do an animation that fades between this and the other shot.

Thanks

Iworkatwendys
May 4th 2003, 20:11
Hello,
I've seen a few verts where people would leave off the top and put wood trim around the body. It'd be cool to see a permanent GL Vert with carbon fiber trim around the body.

jhelgesen
May 4th 2003, 22:11
Actually, I was thinking of making one of those covers like is used on the 911 speedsters.

Sure would save a bunch of money not having to fix the roof. :) Could just have a snap on cover to close up the compartment.

vujade
May 5th 2003, 08:52
sweet ride :D

zen
May 5th 2003, 10:44
looks a little cramped to me. :D

john, are you talking about a snap on vinyl tonneau? that would be cool. always loved those. tried to talk my dad into one for his speedster, but no dice. if it is a toy car, who needs a top?

jhelgesen
May 5th 2003, 11:00
I need to try and mock something up in the next day or so to model the rear cover. Would be a fiberglass cover, maybe with two humps where the rear passengers would go.

Wouldn't be hard to make it so you could pull of the cover and bolt the vert top on if wanted (or when it was completed :) )

Was in the auto parts store and the can of paint jumped out at me. I want to use Prowler oranange and this stuff was pretty close.

jhelgesen
May 5th 2003, 12:06
Okay, here's 5 minutes with a crappy online photo editor. But it gets the idea across.

http://members.rennlist.com/screamin_yellow/71%20vert%20small%202.JPG

Oh man, just thought, could do it in CF. That would be sweet!

zen
May 5th 2003, 12:49
that could look pretty sweet. you could even pull it up a little closer to the back of the back seat. i like the idea of the head bumps. you could always pad them for the back seat passengers head to press into with that 3.2l 911 you are going to put in there.

vujade
May 5th 2003, 13:51
speaking of 911 motors, the new VW Scene has a French Look Ghia with a 2.4 liter 6 Cylinder Porsche 911 motor stuffed nicely in the engine compartment.

jhelgesen
May 5th 2003, 13:54
Don't tell me this after I already started parting out the 2.2 6cyl I have in the shop. :rolleyes: