PDA

View Full Version : C-Y-W show and engine blow

NO_H2O
May 5th 2003, 11:28
The show was great. I didn't get much time to check out much stuff or talk to people, I was the coach for Jake as he was building the T-1 1600 for the engine blow blindfolded(scalpel-scalpel. clamp-clamp. 13mm wrench-13mm wrench). That took most of the time we had for the show. The engine was built from donor/swap meet/used/junk parts the we scrounged form the show. It was torn down cleaned up and built to a short block on day one and finished on day 2. It had everthing but exhaust on it and ran at wide open throttle for 5min. 13sec. passing his old record of 4+ min. The gen. belt went at about the 2min. mark and it went 3+ more min. I don't know what RPM it was running but it was screaming. It didn't scatter, just lost fire. I think it vapor-locked from the heat. When it test ran before the blow it didn't even have any oil leaks and ran better than some of the engines in cars that we heard coming in the gate. After 2+ hours of cool down time it still burned my hand when we took it off the stand to put it in the bus(Jake took it home for an autopsy).
I didn't get a chance to detail my car or keep it cleaned of and still got 3rd in class out of 6. But I had a blast.:D