PDA

View Full Version : VW Scene "Tour De France" Ghia

WipEout
May 7th 2003, 19:29
Anyone seen the article in the magazine "VW Scene"? A beautiful "French-Look" Karmann Ghia with 17in Turbo Twists and a 180hp 6cyl Porsche motor! Awesome car! I'd post pics, but I don't have a scanner :( Fantastic Burgundy/white/checkered custom paint job. Article said the cars gets up to 124mph too! It also has a "key-card" ignition system! God, I wish I had the money...

I guess the mag is an American translation of a German magazine (or maybe British? I'm not sure, you'd have to read the articles to see why I'm confused by that...). It covers mostly watercooled/ riced-out VWs, but there were a couple GL's and even a stock bus featured in the mag. It seems like an alright publication, especially if you're in the US and want to see what people outside of America and Japan are doing with their cars...

DAVID MANN

zen
May 7th 2003, 21:27
that is a consistently good mag and a great looking car. very well done.

vujade
May 8th 2003, 08:49
Yes I bought the new VW Scene.

That Ghia is awesome!.
I would sell my Super in a heartbeat if I could afford to do a Ghia like that.

VW Scene is a German Mag tha is translated into English.
They also produce VW Golf (Water) & VW Kafer (AIR) mags too.
I havent seen either mag in the states though, other then VW Scene.

What I like about the German Cars is that even the VW's that dont have the German Look thing going on the outside, still have the Porsche brakes, type 4 motors and 5 speed trannies on the inside.

Supa Ninja
May 8th 2003, 10:28
I just got that magazine yesterday. I like it also, but there is a lot of "riced out" water cooleds(is that even a word?). The Ghia was very well done. He had to widen the rear fenders, correct? The key card ignition was the highlight to the entire interior.

Nick

vujade
May 8th 2003, 10:43
those watercooleds arent rice, those are what we call EuroStyle :D

Supa Ninja
May 8th 2003, 12:34
I know that the rice are going for the Euro style which basicly means they are biting off of those water cooled ride's style. I'm AC4LIFE so I generally lump all that into rice. I know thats a bit ignorant but thats the way I am. Peace!

Supa Ninja Nick
GL4LIFE

vujade
May 8th 2003, 12:49
well I like 'em :D

WipEout
May 23rd 2003, 06:27
Yeah, normally, I don't like rice/ euro-look either on water-cooleds, but going more and more into the German Look with my 1302, I've come to appreciate the WCs OUTSIDE the USA. Especially the 2-tone Golf. GOD!! That was friggin clean! I also don't really like the 13in "ghetto-roller" rims they use (for said association to the 13" Daytons that are so damned popular around Lancaster...), but to be honest, some of those watercooled VWs looked pretty damn good with the smaller rims. I especially like the metallic green Jetta. Nothing special, it just caught my eye.

I would still take that ghia over the rest of those any day of the week, though!!!

DAVID MANN

oasis
May 23rd 2003, 06:51
Where do buy VW Scene?

I am tempted to subscribe to VolksWorld even though there wouldn't be much savings over the newsstand price in fear that source may spontaneously evaporate. I've seen VW mags in German, French and Japanese but I didn't want to get them just for the pictures, and I didn't want to do non-stop translating.

The only translating I'm willing to do is on the German version of eBay and if I can find a book called Käfer Tuning by Helmut Whatshisname (Horn, maybe).

-René

zen
May 23rd 2003, 10:29
Originally posted by oasis
Where do buy VW Scene?

-René

i usually get mine at Books-A-Million or Border's.

oasis57
May 24th 2003, 10:09
Thanks. I'll check out Border's. I don't think we hae a Books-a-Million around here.

-René

WipEout
June 3rd 2003, 01:45
I got my copy at Barns and Noble. Funny thing is, B&N list Volksworld in their computers but never carry them on the stands, but they never told me they had this mag in thier computers, I just happened on it in the magazine rack one night while browsing their store.

DAVID MANN

Racelook
June 3rd 2003, 07:44
Whaaa... Do you have VW Scene on the other side of the ocean??
THat kicks ***..

I thought they only selled it in Germany, Netherlands and Belgium.. But you have them too!!!

Great.

And what about the blue racebug, with red chassis (that's exactly how i'm gonne paint my car, only then better!!!:D :D ) that'a also a nice bug..

Or don't you have this no. of the VWScene al ready there?

Grt. Wiebrand