PDA

View Full Version : I'm different!

Supa Ninja
May 8th 2003, 12:58
All my life I've never fit in. In the early 90's I never understood the whole "mini-truck" scene, dancing beds and hydros just added weight. In 92 when my '72 1302 started its life as daily driver I was never satisfied with how slow it was and I began to learn how to make it faster. Late 90's I began to get involved with VW clubs, I still never fit in cause I drove a "Stuper Beetle". I was begining to creep towards Cal Look cause thats wut you do out here on the West Side. It is fun to go from light to light ASAP but I'm from the foothills and grew up/live in mountainous roads with lots of curves. 135r15's are very scary, everytime I hit a corner I invision popping the bead on my front tires.
After several clubs and hearing coments like "why even bother putting on 8-spokes onto a Super Beetle, they are entry level VW, get a "vintage Volkswagen"... I became a lone wolf.
I've been following the GL since 2000 when I stumbled onto it on the internet(I clearly remember reading how to install a 901 tranny in a bug on Micheal Ghia's website,much props). Anyways last year out of nowhere I typed in www.germanlook.com and the site was up and better than ever, I was home. This is where I belong. I could care less about a Cal Look ghia, a Vintage oval, a Olde Skool notch, but if I see a GL Supa I'm going to have to change my shorts cause I got too excited.
I have a dream of bring Kafer Kup racing to the States(I ain't talking bout that watered down new beetle cup either) and when my 02 is done I will then begin that part of my dream. I want to thank each and everyone of you guys for being a big part of my life. And special thanks to Alex, Sandeep, and Superman for keeping this site up. Thanks!

Nick
GL4LIFE

vujade
May 8th 2003, 13:13
Nick

thanks for sharing with us :)

I would love to Kafer Cup racing here in the states.
That would be awesome!

Alex
May 8th 2003, 13:41
Thank you so much for the kind words.

We all try our best to keep the site as informative as possible.
It is words like these that make me want to get as much information as possible on the site to share it with the entire GL world.

Let us hope that this site will grow and grow steadily.

Thanks,
Alex

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 13:59
Thank you for the kind words. I think there are alot of GL VW's 'in the works' and in the next 2-3 years, it will get alot of publicity.

I'm taking my bug to the race track this May long weekend (Canada) and hope to have alot of fun. I'll take a video camera with me and hopefully get some good footage.

Thats what the Germanlook is all about to me .. daily driver on the weekdays and TRACK TERROR on the weekends !

Sandeep

Rob
May 8th 2003, 14:15
Hey Sandeep,

When/ where are you going to tha track ?

Rob.

Sandeep
May 8th 2003, 14:21
Rob,

http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/showthread.php?threadid=2092

Sandeep