PDA

View Full Version : Latest News On the Notch

vujade
May 9th 2003, 08:04
Ok guys, I have been toying with this Idea for a while now.
My brother wants to sell the Notch & he gave me first dibs on it.

I have half the money to buy it & the other half I can get when I sell the 914.

So here is the problem.
Should I sell the 1302 to completely mack out the Notch?
Or use the Notch as a Daily driver, and build the 1302 full tilt?

The Notch (http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7564)

The Notch (http://www.germanlook.com/Forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=7565)

jhelgesen
May 9th 2003, 08:22
Can you stuff the big rims under the notch?

What do you want for the 914?

vujade
May 9th 2003, 08:38
I dont see why not.

John,
I was thinking about $2500 obo for the 914

jhelgesen
May 9th 2003, 08:43
Did you get the motor fixed? Never did find a good 1.7 cyl here.

jhelgesen
May 9th 2003, 08:49
Little voice in my head says "STOP LOOKING AT OTHER CARS AND FINISH THE ONES YOU HAVE DUMBASS!!!"

zen
May 9th 2003, 08:50
good thing you don't change women that fast. if your brother's timing was only a little better, i might be driving a notch right now ;). although i have to say i am pretty damn happy with my 951.

anyway, i would just do one of the them right. you seem to be way more into the type 3's than bugs. i think you would be most happy with the notch. besides, you will be one of the few around here with a GL notch.

go for it!!!!

vujade
May 9th 2003, 09:00
Originally posted by jhelgesen
Little voice in my head says "STOP LOOKING AT OTHER CARS AND FINISH THE ONES YOU HAVE DUMBASS!!!"

JOhn, why doesnt my little voice ever tell me that?

I think that he gave up on me a long time ago :silly:

vujade
May 9th 2003, 09:01
btw John, I should be getting a 1.7 motor today so that I can finish my 914 and get it ready for sale :D

Alex
May 9th 2003, 11:23
This one is so EASY!!!!

Want to be different.......do the NOTCH and get rid of the rest.
How is the car in general? Does it need any rust repairs or major body work?

Keep your rims and put them on the notch...if it fits.

Alex

vujade
May 9th 2003, 11:44
Alex it doesnt need any rust repairs at all.

The car was painted about 4 or 5 years ago and still has a real nice shine to it.

The only problem with the body is that prior to painting the car the previous owner didnt straighten the car perfect.
If I buy it, I would redo the paint to a color of my liking anyways.
Other then the car is is solid, solid, solid!!!

It also has a freshly rebuilt 1776cc T1 engine too.

Alex
May 9th 2003, 13:58
Now after you telling me all this I do not really know what you are waiting for.

You got a good opportunity to have a unique car without spending too much money. Make it nice...drive it with the 1776 while you are slowly collecting parts for a new engine.

This is the perfect scenario.......I think.
And I have to agree with John...once you do the Notch STOP looking around for other cars/projects and get rid of the other projects and focus on one.

Alex

jhelgesen
May 9th 2003, 15:47
Originally posted by Alex
And I have to agree with John...once you do the Notch STOP looking around for other cars/projects and get rid of the other projects and focus on one.

This is sad, made me count my drive way. I've got 11 cars at the house if I count the wife minivan, 13 if I count the two at a friends house. 3 are to be cut up and trashed, 1 is sold and awaiting pickup, 2 are for sale, 1 is a repair for a "customer", 4 projects, and two drivers.

I'm out of control.:silly:

zen
May 9th 2003, 17:01
all i can say is...damn!

i won't tell you what my wife said :D

vujade
May 9th 2003, 17:10
zen what?

Iworkatwendys
May 9th 2003, 17:18
I think you'd be better of selling the 1302 and going for a GL notch. it would definitely be a unique germanlooker!

NO_H2O
May 10th 2003, 08:17
I do not get it. It is soooooooo simple. DOOOOOOOOOOOO the Notch. I would love to have a GL notch, hell I would love to have a clean Notch period. No brainer.:silly:

vujade
May 10th 2003, 08:35
Well it is a no brainer, but I just wanted to make sure because
my 1302 is already on its way to becoming a nice German Looker.

I am going to go over to my mothers house today and take the Notch for a drive to get a feel for it and to check it out again.

I will let you guys know how it goes :D

57mutant
May 10th 2003, 14:28
Hmmm. Quite the dilemma. Lets see if I can help you out. I need a daily driver. 1302, notch or 914. I'd be happy with any of these. :D

vujade
May 10th 2003, 15:14
57 Let me know what you need....because I got it :D

TitoRay
May 10th 2003, 16:03
There is something about those Notchbacks...
Go for it. A German Look notch would be absolutely amazing. At the same time I would do your best to keep that 1302 and put it on hold. Its already a great lookin car.
But that notch, oh man, I am just imagining those Porche wheels residing within the confines of its fenders...:silly:
But, if it is one or the other, go with the notch!!:cool: