PDA

View Full Version : True German Horsepower!

yetibone
May 11th 2003, 12:13
We decided, instead of a Type IV,...

NYBugman1972
May 11th 2003, 15:41
According to the "rules of Rice", that's got to be almost as much HP as a shopping cart rear wing ;)

Seriously, I love it! I also really like the "S" that you put next to the 1302 badge. Very cool!

yetibone
May 11th 2003, 18:20
On the contrary, a substantial increase in HP over Shopping Cart spoilers was noticed. I thought about some Tire Flies for extra grip at stoplights too.

Actually, the key carried over from the car's previous incarnation.
It was the first modification ever done to the car. (Girlfriend's idea, it's her car.) Folks clown like mad when they see it on the road, and my Girlfriend wouldn't have the car without it.

It does actually turn. 49 RPM, counterclockwise.

The "S" is for a Boxter S. Got it at the Porsche dealer for about $14.

Yetibone:D

bren
May 13th 2003, 09:07
OK i have to come clean.. i never said it before because i knew it would cause offense and it wasnt a constructive criticism, but when i first saw that clockwork key on that car in its last guise i thought "wow! that sucks SO much! :eek: who would do THAT to their bug?!"

BUT!! having just read your last post yeti and discovering that it actually turns while driving i think i have finally seen the light! ;) that actually has to be the coolest, funniest, tongue-in-cheek thing ive seen yet! :)

hilarious!:D

yetibone
May 14th 2003, 21:13
Thanks Bren. I figured it would bring some mixed reactions. Any criticism is welcome though. We wouldn't have done the clockwork key if it wasn't a proper one that rotates in the right direction (actually, left direction). All it took was an A/C accumulator from a Pontiac, a wiper motor and shift rod from a Beetle, a door skin, and some nuts and bolts. I know performance minded folks think it to be a bit ridiculus, but it's a riot to see it on the road.

It might cause triffic accidents even when it's parked.

Yetibone
(silly inventor)

Pillow
May 16th 2003, 01:28
I really like that "S" as well... Time to visit the Porsche dealer ;)

Axl R
January 3rd 2004, 23:10
I love it!! I think it shows just how much fun you can have with these cars . Some people just take life too serious , and might not appreciate something like this , but I think its great!! Axl .:cool:

justdubbin
January 4th 2004, 11:46
I thinks it cool, when I first saw your avatar I thought thats some great photoshop work.... but now I know it's real..................... I like it even more.

I wonder how many people who see it think "Wow, a wind up Beetle" "he must be a new age hippy...how may winds per mile does he get" :silly:

Rob.

njv
January 4th 2004, 15:39
hi
in german humbug means useless sortoff needles rubish !!! well i dont think its rubbish i think its very cool very cool indeed and must have brought many a smile to an otherwise sad face theres gotta be something wrong with you if you dont:D

Bullyboy
January 4th 2004, 17:41
Have any pics of the mechanism inside? Quite funny, I like it.

yetibone
January 4th 2004, 18:07
I don't have any pics of the motor. I'll take a few if you'd like.

It's a VW Superbeetle wiper motor that directly drives the key.

Yetibone

njv
January 4th 2004, 19:04
hi
odd but ive just found a 1303 wiper motor id forgot i had ;)

you gotta laugh or you,ll cry:D