Erocku
May 15th 2003, 03:03
Big disappointment...

Superman
May 15th 2003, 07:46
I'm waiting for T3

Rob
May 15th 2003, 07:59
Disappointment ? Wow, haven't seen it yet, but the trailer looked great. Still gonna go and see it though :D

Although I have to agree with Superman: T3 is the movie to see this year !

Rob.

NYBugman1972
May 15th 2003, 09:01
I don't go to the movies. I haven't been to a movie theater in, oh, I can't remember, seriously.

I MAY go to see Matrix:Reloaded, but who knows. Maybe it was disappointing because of the way it's shot. Isn't Reloaded and Revolutions one big movie that's cut into 2 for a seamless cliffhanger effect? That's what I heard.

vujade
May 15th 2003, 09:09
I will go see it.

I think the reason people are disapointed is that the original Matrix blew people away because you didnt know what it was about when you went to see it. It boggled the miind. it kept you on edge. How can the sequal compete with that?

I am sure that it will be good, but no matter how good it is, it wont be able to blow you away like the first one did because you already know what it is about.

Superman
May 15th 2003, 09:36
Originally posted by NYBugman1972
I don't go to the movies. I haven't been to a movie theater in, oh, I can't remember, seriously.

I would have to say that movies are my second hobby and I love being in the theater... wish I had my own private one at home.

Shadowbug
May 15th 2003, 14:34
The matrix was originally written as a trilogy, the writers wanted to shoot all three at once, and release them within a couple months of each other (like they're doing with reloaded and revolutions) byt the studfio big wigs wouldn't have it untill the first movie proved itself at the box office.

My brother in law is a university prof, and he used the Matrix as a primer on postmodernism, considering that all the actors who were in the movie weren't allowed to open the script untill they'd read "simulation and simulacra" and a couple other books which were groundbreaking in philosophical circles for their thourough grasp and explanation post-modernism.

the movies were written thematically,

#1 post modern
#2 judaeo christian
#3 not sure

this is just what I've been able to glean from the limited info I have.

I'm interested in seeing the matrix2 several times, I'm assuming that like the first one it'll have layers of depth beyond the surface story line.

GUTTERS
May 15th 2003, 17:32
DONT SAY ANOTHER WORD, IT HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED HERE YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

its not released till wednesday so dont spoil it for us over here please:rolleyes: :D

vujade
May 15th 2003, 18:58
the original Matrix set the standard for all other sci fi movies will be judged, just as star wars did 25 years ago.

Iworkatwendys
May 15th 2003, 19:49
I'm still going to go see it tomorrow. Me and my roommate were watching the Matrix last night and were talking about how the second and third will never live up to the first. The concepts that blew us away in the first one have had a few years for everyone to think about so now the idea is no longer mind blowing. The matrix 2&3 cannot be mind blowing but they will still be good movies, just not revolutionary like the first one. My roommate is pissed about T3 because he says it's just being made so that they can jump on the "women are strong" bandwagon.

Erocku
May 15th 2003, 21:34
Originally posted by Iworkatwendys
...it's just being made so that they can jump on the "women are strong" bandwagon.

lol

ShApE
May 16th 2003, 14:39
i dunno what ur thinking that movie was amazing

DaveM
May 22nd 2003, 15:03
My son (nineteen and in the Air Force) said, "the action is great, the story-line is a bit thin."
My daughter (seventeen and autocross racer) said "I gotta have one of those Ducati's!"

DaveM

Iworkatwendys
May 22nd 2003, 15:36
Hello,
I already wanted a Ducati before that movie and now I want one even worse. My dad also had a friend stay with us a few months and he had a limited edition Ducati Senna 916. It was #265 out of 400 or 500. He wouldn't let me ride it :( He said until my personal assets are worth the $26,000 to get a new bike I can't drive it. So um anyone wanna loan me $26,000 so I can ride the bike? It's so pretty and so fast. Everything is Carbon Fiber and Titanium!

DaveM
May 22nd 2003, 15:55
We're getting off subject a bit here but if you like Ducati's do NOT, under any circumstance go here:

http://www.ducati.com/bikes/my2003/superbike.jhtml

:silly:

DaveM

vujade
May 31st 2003, 10:20
the movie was awesome!
I saw it twice.
it definitely blew me away, wasnt expecting some of the twists at all

Chris Percival
June 2nd 2003, 03:58
I saw it recently, I really enjoyed it.. Much better than the first, which I thought was very over-rated.. Bit more 'edgy' than the last one. Loved it.

drkcreations
June 5th 2003, 16:23
The first one blew your mind, the second f***ed with it... I went with a group of friends and when we went out to dinner afterwards we talked for almost 2 hours about it. Never had such a headache from a movie. Definitely as "good" as the first, just very very different.

Superman
July 9th 2003, 22:54
Originally posted by Superman
I'm waiting for T3

T3 did okay but the ending was a little boring. I don't want to say anything and ruin it for those that haven't seen it. Perhaps you'll like it better. I think T2 will always be my favorite.

Anybody seen the preview for S.W.A.T. that looks good. Hey Bad Boys is on TNT right now, gotta love that 911.