PDA

View Full Version : racing school

oasis
May 20th 2003, 10:01
Hi,

Last weekend with the weather in the crapper, I saw a TV show dealing with all sorts of fast car topics. (Sorry, I don't recall its name.) One segment which caught my eye and interest was one about racing school. I'm not interested in racing competitively, but I thought this would have practical applications as well.

Once upon a time I was a triathlete, and even in shape. What galled me was all of the jokers I killed in swimming were passing me on the biking portion -- and a lot of that had to do with improper technique.

Anyone have suggestions? I live in the mid-Atlantic area of the US, but wouldn't mind to make a vacation of it.

Thanks,
René

Aurumen
May 20th 2003, 11:36
Several times a year, VIR, a road race course in Virginia, i think, has lessons and a "test n tune" day. I know one of them is through the Tarheel Sports Car Club (www.thscc.com). I think that day runs about 200 dollars, but you end up doing a hundred laps or so, most with an instructor, a few of your last laps without. Most sports car clubs do something similar. Check out your local SCCA club and i'm sure they can point you to a date or a place to do it. Track days are a lot of fun.

Nick

oasis
May 23rd 2003, 07:08
Thanks! I'll check into it.