PDA

View Full Version : Leaving today for Germany

Alex
May 21st 2003, 12:38
Well I am off now.....armed with a digi-camera and MinDV Camcorder.

I have scheduled meets with PowerTuningParts, Klaus Käfertuining and GWD Duesseldorf.
I hope to get a ride from someone in a nice beetle....hopefully on the Autobahn.

I might stop by at Ahnendorp and Kummetat too if time permits.
So check the site in a months time......tons of new material should be added by then.

I will be around checking the site once a while so you can just PM me if needed.

Sorry...my suitcases back are already full....so no room for additional stuff :D.

Take care,

Alex

ShApE
May 21st 2003, 12:51
have fun u lucky punk

Rob
May 21st 2003, 13:56
What ?? No room for a roll-cage ?? :D

Have fun !

Rob.

vujade
May 21st 2003, 14:08
Have fun Alex!

You are definitely fortunate to be going to Germany.

Sandeep
May 21st 2003, 15:46
Have a good trip buddy. It would be cool to be in a bug at 200 kph :eek:

REALLY looking forward to the material you'll be bringing back. Email me some pics if you can and I'll put them on the site. One of you crashing an expensive bug on a race track would be cool !

Sandeep

Superman
May 21st 2003, 16:10
Have fun and a safe return!

Supa Ninja
May 21st 2003, 20:51
Have fun, I'll be awaiting the pics.

Nick

Wally
June 5th 2003, 03:22
Alex,
Since your obviously back, how was it?
Did you get that ride on the autobahn at 200 km/h?
Tell us all!
Did you visit Bernd Ahenendorp as well and see the ' for 2 cylinders rewelded 911 cylinderheadbank' in his showroom? or the Riechert cooled 2,4 ltr engine with the special oil routing (dry sump?) on display?
Thanks,
Walter

Alex
June 5th 2003, 05:27
Hi Wally,

I did not get a ride in a AC VW on the Autobahn but I got to drive to 240km/h on it with my dad's car.
It is so much safer to drive fast in Germany than driving 130km/h on Toronto's highways.

I had no time to go to Ahnendorp.....next time I hope. I visted PowerTuningParts, Kummetat, Gerd Weiser and Rolf Klaus.
I also went to see Verteranen Service.

I will write up a nice article with pics soon. I am currently working on the 911 cooling kit article.

I also had to go to Roermond and Venlo to buy the proper cheese and not the junk that the Germans have and to eat Matjes (SP?). :D

Alex

Richie
June 5th 2003, 06:27
It's maatjes:D
I can't believe it! A German living in Canada that likes eating raw fish, you're sure you're not an Inuit? LOL!
Hope you had fun!
I think you have the same feelings after visiting these tuners as I have since I've been at the Remmele-shop myself 2 weeks ago. Real friendly folks and there are some really awesome cars being built at the moment.

Cheers,
Richard

Racelook
June 5th 2003, 06:37
Holland the best!!!:silly:

haha..

Yeah Remmele.. I like to see there shop too.. I like there cars..

Greetz Wiebrand

Alex
June 5th 2003, 12:21
Remmele was on my list too but he is too far a away and I was too busy. I was at his shop 1 and 3/4 years ago. He was still at his old location and was getting ready for the move.

I hope to see him next time. I love his creations.
I lived close to the dutch border for 27 years. I miss Europe. The way of life is much better than North America even though Germany is freakin expensive now with the Euro. But I am getting used to Canada and I like it. Now with the club old memories are coming up from the very early 90s.

Hmmmm Maatjes (sorry for the spelling)......you gotta love that fish. I remember the Budel and Baarlo VW meets too. Lots of fun.

Alex