PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Decklids

Carbon Joe
May 22nd 2003, 22:40
After working on on the mold for the last four weeks I pulled my first C/F late model decklid. It turn out awesome!! weighing only 2.4 pounds! This is the stock lid the super light will weigh less than a pound, the stock lid will use the stock hinges, latch and spring clip. The super light lid will clip on, both are available with or with out vents.
Next up is the decklid with the scoop.

SilverBullet
May 23rd 2003, 04:46
Joe, I'm in the queue for one!:)

samcat
May 23rd 2003, 05:57
Think I might just be after one too :D

Can you do it with a cutout behind the numberplace (for the porsche fan to breathe)?
What about the cooling slots near the top, are they there on this one?
Any chance of one of those kamei rain guards that bolt onto the vents near the top of the decklid in C/F?

Cheers for now,
Sam C

MdR
May 23rd 2003, 09:35
How about a full-W cabrio decklid (split dash style)?
Cost?

zen
May 24th 2003, 21:13
that's excellent news joe!!!!! love to see pics when you have them.

vujade
May 29th 2003, 17:55
when are we going to see those decklid pics?

BeerRocket
June 6th 2003, 15:03
When are you going to post pics of the decklids? I cant wait. Joe any reccomendations on where to get the pins for the pin on one here in the US?

vujade
June 17th 2003, 00:36
Joe

whats up with the decklids?

Vyper
June 19th 2003, 07:47
Originally posted by samcat
Think I might just be after one too :D

Can you do it with a cutout behind the numberplace (for the porsche fan to breathe)?
What about the cooling slots near the top, are they there on this one?
Any chance of one of those kamei rain guards that bolt onto the vents near the top of the decklid in C/F?

Cheers for now,
Sam C

Sam,

Ask Joe about the rain guard a LOOOOONG time ago. There wasn't a market for it then rain is rarely an issue where Joe is! :D

Vyper

Vincent
July 11th 2003, 16:49
do you have any pics of the carbon deck?

Carbon Joe
July 16th 2003, 01:51
After changing resin systems and figuring out the lay-up I pulled another decklid and it turned out awesome! Here's a pic of it untrimmed, I still have a few more things to work out and make the tool to cut the vents. I also need to make a C/F license plate housing to match, that's another tool and more time.

Carbon Joe
July 16th 2003, 01:52
And another

Carbon Joe
July 16th 2003, 01:52
And last

Phat73VW
July 16th 2003, 03:19
JOE!!! that looks awsome. i cant beleive how sweet it looks. as i have never seen one to begin with i cant get over how great it looks even uncut. you know i am ready to buy whenever you make another one. you never cease to amaze me with your work. cant wait to see it in person. :D :D

vujade
July 16th 2003, 08:11
Joe, Im glad that you finally got the CF Decklid done, because it is a work of art. Good Job Man!

Im sure that I am will purchasing one shortly

zen
July 16th 2003, 08:31
fantastic news joe!!!!

how is the scoop coming along?

Alex
July 16th 2003, 10:59
Sweet.

Now get going on a W vert decklid :D.

Alex

Vincent
July 16th 2003, 11:42
Looks sweet! how much?

bren
July 16th 2003, 12:20
that looks AWESOME!! :)

Racelook
July 16th 2003, 17:09
VErry verry coooooooooooollll

Really great:D

Alex
July 16th 2003, 19:46
Joe,

can you please email me some pics of your latest creations for the carbon gallery?

Thanks,

Alex

BeerRocket
July 16th 2003, 22:14
I definetly want to be one of the first on the list to buy a decklid with a scoop! I can't wait to see the pictures good work Joe!

Carbon Joe
July 17th 2003, 02:09
Thanks, everyone I'm still working on the scooplid, hope to have it done soon.

Alex,
I'll see what I can get together.

Vyper
July 17th 2003, 02:19
Originally posted by vujade

Im sure that I am will purchasing one shortly

Snap! ;)

Vyper
(Joe can you reply to my last email soonish please, re offcuts?? Cheers).

Tim
July 27th 2003, 11:38
Hi Joe,
I would like to buy a stock style c/f decklid and a super light decklid, both with vents. How much would they cost and do you ship them to overseas (Hong Kong)?
Regards
Tim

MdR
July 28th 2003, 09:06
Originally posted by Carbon Joe

Alex,
I'll see what I can get together.

I've got a steel vert W-'lid you can copy if you fancy flying me & the 'lid out to sunny CA :p :cool: :D
Martin

MdR
July 30th 2003, 08:08
Hi Joe
how about a W 'vert decklid with a slight reshaping to the W to give a bigger clearance between a 911 fan-ed engine (attached to a 911/01 'box) & the inside of the decklid..... (guess what I've just found doesn't fit)

well if you don't ask you don't get :)
Martin

Carbon Joe
July 31st 2003, 08:48
Tim,
I'll send you a PM with the price and availability and yes I do ship overseas.

MdR,
Sounds like you need a "W" lid with a scoop and thanks but I already have a "W" lid to pull a mold off.

Thanks,

MdR
July 31st 2003, 09:34
Originally posted by Carbon Joe
MdR,
Sounds like you need a "W" lid with a scoop and thanks but I already have a "W" lid to pull a mold off.

Worth a try! what I have a horrible feeling I need to do is move the 'box futher forward, ho hum take everything apart AGAIN!