PDA

View Full Version : no back seat pix

oasis57
May 24th 2003, 10:36
Hi,

Does anyone have pictures of what your GLer looks like without back seats?

Thanks,
René

Sandeep
May 24th 2003, 11:03
Here's mine.

http://members.rogers.com/ssyan/Images/OilCooler1.jpg

The cooler is a mesa 96 plate cooler with fan and electric oil switch that switches on when the oil temp exiting the cooler hits 180 deg.

I cut a rectangular opening under the cooler and placed a wire mesh over the opening to keep debris out. The cooler is positioned about 1/2" above the cut out.

I'm working on making a slim enclosure for the cooler that will connect to 2 4" hoses that will connect to the future NACA ducts in the rear quarter windows. Another option would be to put the NACA ducts somewhere under the car to keep the appearance stock looking.

Just need to replace the headliner with a new black headliner and this part of the car is then complete.

Sandeep

vujade
May 24th 2003, 16:25
Sandeep

Where did you get a carpet kit that fits the are where the rear seat used to be?

Sandeep
May 26th 2003, 08:44
I got it at the local vw store. I can't remember the brand name, but its available almost anywhere. I just told the guy what I wanted to cover and he said this is the kit to do it.

Sandeep

oasis
May 28th 2003, 09:40
I am more-and-more leaning towards not having a back seat.

Thanks for the pictures, Sandeep.

Anyone else? Perhaps with a roll bar?

Eurolook71
July 20th 2003, 22:13
I'm totally losing the backseat, and putting in a cage (probably a 6 point). Just looks too damn cool, and hopefully wont have to find out how functional ;)

Vincent
July 25th 2003, 01:31
the only thing i may put where the back seat was is a 3rd racing seat to take a friend along for the ride. :)

oasis
October 15th 2003, 07:46
Originally posted by Vincent
the only thing i may put where the back seat was is a 3rd racing seat to take a friend along for the ride.

Vincent, how would you get your friend to the back seat? I am assuming your front seats are racing seats as well.

And as a general question to the GL populace, what should I consider in seats?

Although I am probabaly going to go with just the two front seats, I would think I would want access to the back seat area to toss a sports bag or whatever back there. Are there racing style seats that have folding backs? Can there be a quick release style mechanism to easily remove the passenger seat? Are there other options available I can't envision at the moment?

Thanks.

vujade
October 15th 2003, 09:21
oasis, yes there are reclinable racing seats.
they usuall;y cost more thene fixed seats though.